• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Short cosplay video from right here in Oregon

14 posts in this topic

I thought this video from Spirit Man Studios was pretty good.  Lots of this footage is from right here in town and a few scenes are at DesignerToasts comic show EUCon 

It's about 6 minutes long.  

Eucon was at Seven Feathers?  There is a comic con in Seaside?

Educate me.  :sumo:

9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Didn't you know Eugene had a comic book show again.  I think it's going on it's 3rd year now, Maybe more 

https://eugenecomiccon.com/

16 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Didn't you know Eugene had a comic book show again.  I think it's going on it's 3rd year now, Maybe more 

I knew, but costs were great (both entry and table fees) and they looked like all-media conventions, not comic conventions.  Eugene is also 5 hours from here, so there is that as well.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
19 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I knew, but costs were great (both entry and table fees) and they looked like all-media conventions, not comic conventions.  Eugene is also 5 hours from here, so there is that as well.

Yeah - I just looked at the link - were there any comic books?  Not really interested in viewing/paying for all this other krap.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
1 hour ago, Senormac said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Yeah - I just looked at the link - were there any comic books?  Not really interested in viewing/paying for all this other krap.

I hear ya.  I didn't go to the last couple cuz I thought $20 to get in was too high.  I can buy a burger and two craft brews for that much.  :grin:

And yea again, there were comics, but not a lot.  Dennis sets up there. I think the tide has turned these last 10 - 15 years and there are now more books in private collections than there are on the marketplace. 

The show wasn't bad,, but like so many of the cons nowadays, it's all pop culture and media.  Royce is running it and doing a great job.   

37 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I hear ya.  I didn't go to the last couple cuz I thought $20 to get in was too high.  I can buy a burger and two craft brews for that much.  :grin:

And yea again, there were comics, but not a lot.  Dennis sets up there. I think the tide has turned these last 10 - 15 years and there are now more books in private collections than there are on the marketplace. 

The show wasn't bad,, but like so many of the cons nowadays, it's all pop culture and media.  Royce is running it and doing a great job.   

When I think just about traveling 500 miles and expenses and admission for something like this, I weigh it against just sitting in front of my computer and buying some really nice books off the Boards or eBay with that "expense" money.  Does Dennis actually price things for the con, or is it a guide look up thing?

40 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

When I think just about traveling 500 miles and expenses and admission for something like this, I weigh it against just sitting in front of my computer and buying some really nice books off the Boards

Well, this thread was really just about having people watch the cosplay video which you can do at home also :baiting:

2 minutes ago, Senormac said:
44 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

When I think just about traveling 500 miles and expenses and admission for something like this, I weigh it against just sitting in front of my computer and buying some really nice books off the Boards

Well, this thread was really just about having people watch the cosplay video which you can do at home also :baiting:

You started it :baiting: 

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:
2 hours ago, Senormac said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I think this crowd is all stoned today.  No posts but you n me (shrug)

Don't they know , Cosplay is taking over the whole world !!  

3 minutes ago, Senormac said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:
2 hours ago, Senormac said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I think this crowd is all stoned today.  No posts but you n me (shrug)

Don't they know , Cosplay is taking over the whole world !!  

It's because this place is deaderer than ever.  :eyeroll:

As someone who dons tights year after year as the Boy Wonder, I really appreciated the video. Some guys and gals pour their heart and souls into it. Cosplay is a lot of fun, and the kids really do love it. We all love it! To all of those who are you’re thinking about dressing up this year, Do It! That was my psa for the day.

As you had, cons today are all about pop culture, and I know it’s a far cry from the shows of yersteryears, but I now look at it as good exposure to the books and characters. It’s always nice to see young kids digging through the dollar boxes or tpb’s. They are pricey to attend though. 

19 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

As someone who dons tights year after year as the Boy Wonder, I really appreciated the video. Some guys and gals pour their heart and souls into it. Cosplay is a lot of fun, and the kids really do love it. We all love it! To all of those who are you’re thinking about dressing up this year, Do It! That was my psa for the day.

As you had, cons today are all about pop culture, and I know it’s a far cry from the shows of yersteryears, but I now look at it as good exposure to the books and characters. It’s always nice to see young kids digging through the dollar boxes or tpb’s. They are pricey to attend though. 

Could have used you in my celebrity photo op thread.... harsh crowd in there (shrug)

Anyway thanks for your post, I don't mind cosplay at all, not my main focus though but when my brother gets into it... it's hard not to feel his excitement!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I sold at a few cons, unfortunately there was a lot against me.

1/ We've only had five cons in three years for the first time.

2/ I was in my late fifties and racked with pain standing for two days straight.

3/ Costumes don't have pockets and for some reason they all decided to stand in front of my stall I had to shoo them away like flies.

4/ The first year I saw an opening and the second year I made a profit by the third I could not give stuff away as there were more cosplayers than people. 

5/ I'm not an old misery guts because I still loved being there seeing people enjoying themselves and some of the costumes were fantastic and you could see that a lot of thought went into them. 

6/ Yes I would do it again at least until I remembered the pain.:)