• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Deleting sales info?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

So the fabled Boy Comics 16 Okajima pedigree is back up for auction on Heritage (it previously sold back in Jan of 2014).

I wanted to go check and see what it previously sold for, but when I did a search it didn't come up.

So I thought, OK I can understand its in their and the sellers interest to not limit the possible valuation of the book, so maybe they masked it from the HA searches, so I went over to GPA since their get data via the API which is raw, and unfiltered.

Nope gone from there too.

Is this standard practice for Ha? Does the old data return once the auction closes?

13 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

So the fabled Boy Comics 16 Okajima pedigree is back up for auction on Heritage (it previously sold back in Jan of 2014).

I wanted to go check and see what it previously sold for, but when I did a search it didn't come up.

So I thought, OK I can understand its in their and the sellers interest to not limit the possible valuation of the book, so maybe they masked it from the HA searches, so I went over to GPA since their get data via the API which is raw, and unfiltered.

Is this standard practice for Ha? Does the old data return once the auction closes?

I've never seen them hide sales data before. (That doesn't mean they haven't done it.) GPA is supposed to be unbiased; if they're participating in this, then they are no longer a reliable source of information.

maybe it was just a mistake when they were setting up rhe new listing.

and the sale info has been showing for years (it sold back in 2014) cant imagine something happened to void the sale.

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

So why is this book "fabled" (or are you just referring to the story behind the Okajima pedigree?)

10 hours ago, jabats said:

So why is this book "fabled" (or are you just referring to the story behind the Okajima pedigree?)

there was a spike in Okajima camp priced starting 2014, this was the first book that showed that spike. 

13 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I think it sold last time on CLink.  Doesn't HA only show the current Overstreet prices and previous sales on their site? I can't remember them regularly showing GPA data.

In any event, CLink data aren't collected on GPA, so HA might not even know what it sold for last time -- unless they somehow compile CLink data.  But again, I can't recall them ever quoting CLink prices in their listings. The listing doesn't do much to promote the book other than stating that it's an Okajima copy. https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/boy-comics-16-okajima-pedigree-lev-gleason-1944-cgc-fn-vf-70-white-pages/a/121816-14279.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I think it sold last time on CLink.  Doesn't HA only show the current Overstreet prices and previous sales on their site? I can't remember them regularly showing GPA data.

They have a link in their listings to GPA for the book in question. It's part of the template. 

ComicLink is a data black hole. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

They do have a link to GPA data for the book you're looking at but you can't breakdown the GPA data as far as serial number.  Here is what it looks like (if you can see through the blurriness on the lot listings and the GPA data page after you press GO.

5ad62855cb03b_FireShotCapture248-ArchieComics45(Archie1950)CGC_-https___comics_ha.com_itm_golden-a.thumb.jpg.6fe9d78167fa32f8683ca26857943105.jpg5ad6285c11fe8_FireShotCapture249-GPAforCGCComi_-http___comics.gpanalysis.com_gpaforcomics_cgcanalysis_asp.thumb.jpg.76b0eab2b18e6fd869219344d3a72de6.jpg

8 minutes ago, rob_react said:

They have a link in their listings to GPA for the book in question. It's part of the template. 

ComicLink is a data black hole. 

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

They do have a link to GPA data for the book you're looking at but you can't breakdown the GPA data as far as serial number.  Here is what it looks like (if you can see through the blurriness on the lot listings and the GPA data page after you press GO.

5ad62855cb03b_FireShotCapture248-ArchieComics45(Archie1950)CGC_-https___comics_ha.com_itm_golden-a.thumb.jpg.6fe9d78167fa32f8683ca26857943105.jpg5ad6285c11fe8_FireShotCapture249-GPAforCGCComi_-http___comics.gpanalysis.com_gpaforcomics_cgcanalysis_asp.thumb.jpg.76b0eab2b18e6fd869219344d3a72de6.jpg

Thanks guys.  Somehow, I never noticed the link to GPA in the HA listings.  (Or if I did notice at some point, I had forgotten about it.)