• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Canvas sells

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

That's a fun thought experiment.

I'd hang it for 35k.   In the bathroom, or somewhere out of the way :insane:   And for not too long; a couple months say.    If I had to look at it everyday for the rest of my life in a prominent place in my home then yeah I'm with you, life's too short to accept 35k to have to look at that.  :boo:

Not sure this really has anything to do with comic art or being uneducated on it though?    Except to the extent that the buyer seems to have been a comics person rather than a fine art person.

A closet or garage would also be acceptable. 

You know, I bet this buyer picked it up for the artist’s name or because they lean towards pop culture/fine art, opposed to someone wanting to enter original comic art. 

Should’ve bought half a Capullo. 

Edited by Mr. Machismo

15 minutes ago, J.Sid said:

Wow. Imagine what a 'Tec 27 painting would sell for.

lol

28 minutes ago, Mr. Machismo said:

You know, I bet this buyer picked it up for the artist’s name or because they lean towards pop culture/fine art, opposed to someone wanting to enter original comic art. 

The article mentioned it was a collector of batman material that bought the painting.   The implication seemed to be that they weren't a fine art collector.

Edited by Bronty

1 hour ago, NelsonAI said:

:gossip:

I heard it was 35K in trade.

:baiting:

Now that makes sense...as long as it was a similar quality waste of 35k. 'Hey, Joe...know that thing with the orange slices you did? I've got an idea...'.   Certainly it couldn't have had anything to do with 'establishing' a market or price point.