• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 (1940) photo of inside front cover ?

25 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if there exists a picture of the inside front cover of Batman #1 on the internet (the original book, not a reprint) ? I searched google and ebay and looked through the 45 pages of the Batman #1 club thread, but didn't find a picture.

19 minutes ago, archivist said:

Does anybody know if there exists a picture of the inside front cover of Batman #1 on the internet (the original book, not a reprint) ? I searched google and ebay and looked through the 45 pages of the Batman #1 club thread, but didn't find a picture.

I think the guy in this video actually knew you wanted to see it:

:frustrated:

First of all, Get Marwood & I, I want to thank you for taking the time to get an answer to my question. I'm still new to the internet and didn't think of youtube as a possible source for an answer. I have to keep that in mind for my next questions.

And yes, I think you are right. The guy who made the video obviously knew that I wanted to see the inside front cover so he left this page out of his video !!!

So the question is still open. I hope someone else has an idea or a picture saved on his computer which he can provide - either in this topic or as a private message if he doesn't want the picture to be made public.

Thanks for reading,

Bye,

Archi

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:16 AM, archivist said:

old pic back in the day. This could be the FF inside since I used those for a lot of page pic's,  That's what the inside front cover looks like.

Photo142.jpg

Edited by woowoo

woowoo, thank you for searching the picture and posting it.

The reason for my question is that I want to see if there are distinctions between the page of "Famous First Edition" and the original issue of Batman #1. Looking how all this red color of the cover is shining through I'd also say that this picture is from the "Famous First" reprint.

maybe somebody else has a picture or maybe a poor copy of the original book and can spare some time to take a picture of this page ?

Best regards,

archi

11 hours ago, archivist said:

woowoo, thank you for searching the picture and posting it.

The reason for my question is that I want to see if there are distinctions between the page of "Famous First Edition" and the original issue of Batman #1. Looking how all this red color of the cover is shining through I'd also say that this picture is from the "Famous First" reprint.

maybe somebody else has a picture or maybe a poor copy of the original book and can spare some time to take a picture of this page ?

Best regards,

archi

I did say it might be the FF. Looking at the pic I think archivist might be right I don't recall seeing the red on the inside front page on the real Batman 1 and I have had 5 or more copy's. (shrug) but my copy is graded so don't know 100%. its an old pic.

Edited by woowoo

19 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I did say it might be the FF. Looking at the pic I think archivist might be right I don't recall seeing the red on the inside front page on the real Batman 1 and I have had 5 or more copy's. (shrug) but my copy is graded so don't know 100%. its an old pic.

Nooooo, it’s real!!! lol

25 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Your copy says Batman #1 in the indica.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Ok I guess I’ll take care of this. Here’s the inside of my copy, and I assure you it’s the real deal.

632A0BFD-88A6-459E-8AFE-B4E589A11C19.jpeg

:whatthe: that is one :censored: up looking copy :facepalm: I like mine more :whistle: I make it bigger for you

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Your copy says Batman #1 in the indica.

So does mine :makepoint:Photo142.jpgLook it says Batman 1 1st words at bottom:taptaptap:

5ae9008febdea_Bat1.thumb.jpg.eb6804d67315833a27d482a96e7e211f.jpg

Edited by woowoo

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

So does mine :makepoint:Photo142.jpgLook it says Batman 1 1st words at bottom:taptaptap:

That's incredible.  Seems ike I would have spotted that.  doh!

2 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Hey, never said it was a nice copy ????

It's better than No copy :takeit:I give you my address ^^

Edited by woowoo

5 minutes ago, woowoo said:

It's better than No copy :takeit:I give you my address ^^

I don’t even want it anymore. I’m going to donate it to a random public library in the US and not tell anyone. Will turn it into a massive treasure hunt.

12 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I don’t even want it anymore. I’m going to donate it to a random public library in the US and not tell anyone. Will turn it into a massive treasure hunt.

:facepalm: Like ebay if I spend 50 bucks I could win a Fantasy 15 :foryou: grab bag