• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D.I.S.G.U.S.T.E.D WITH CGC SERVICE & PRODUCT
1 1

70 posts in this topic

Just now, The Resurrection said:
Just now, lizards2 said:

Do they still have McIntosh toffee?

Do they still have a shut your frikking pie hole

I know he'd never send you that - it's too good.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I think so,been a while since i've noticed it.Maybe not the slab of it in the box,but maybe individual wrapped ones.I'll look for you.

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

Do they still have a shut your frikking pie hole

Killing me lol 

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I think so,been a while since i've noticed it.Maybe not the slab of it in the box,but maybe individual wrapped ones.I'll look for you.

I used to get it on my fishing trips to B.C. back in the day.  I remember getting a Sub-Mariner 53 and a Luke Cage 13 on those trips.  We camped at Egmont Marina on the Straights of Georgia - learned to speak like Canucks.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I used to get it on my fishing trips to B.C. Straights of Georgia - learned to speak like Canucks.

Those West Coast folks are hosers and talk funny eh?Don't even say oot or aboot.

I love how this thread turned into Canadian sweet talk-kinky!

10 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:
18 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

the slab of it in the box

McIntosh Toffee ... haven't thought about it for years.  Man that was good.

Oh yeah - I'll bet you 9 out 10 Canadian dentists agree.

Image result for mackintosh toffee

Edited by lizards2

19 hours ago, PBruce said:

Brand new CGC member. Not new to collecting and not new to professional grading. Collecting 35 years. Dealing fulltime 29 years. Ebay 19 years consistent. It is important CGC members know what I am going through. 

Sent in two waves of magazines. 25 magazines in each wave. 49 Playboys and an issue of Devilina. Service was "Modern Magazine" with a 40 day turn-around. First package was received by CGC 2/23 and the second on 2/26. 

These were to be the first two waves of more than 400 issues of Playboys I was preparing to send in.

3/19 Both invoices went to "graded" status. 

4/16 I called CGC to touch bases as the 40 business day timeline was approaching with no updates since 3/19. I was told my items were being encapsulated and that they would be shipped by the end of the week. I was fine with that and very happy.

4/19 No status update stating they were in the encapsulating process so I called back. I gave the customer service rep. the invoice numbers and her words were, "wow, let me check on this for you." 
She told me the magazines were being encapsulated and that they would be completed 4/20 and shipped 4/23 at the latest. I was fine with that.

4/23 I called back as there were no updates and I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor from a guy named Dean. Dean refused to transfer me and provoked me to the point I began to drop F-bombs then proceded to try to force me to acknowlendge my f-bombs or he wan't going to transfer me. I did this with SIX of their employees after calling back 6 times before getting into direct contact with Harshen Patel, the Director of Operations. 
When a customer asks to speak to a supervisor TRANSFER THEM TO A SUPERVISOR.
These entry level customer service employees aren't equipped to handle basic customer requests.
One of those 6 phone calls the service rep. thought she hung up without provocation just so she could be part of the party going on in the customer service rep. room. What she did was put me on speaker phone which allowed me to hear all the nice things they say about CGC customers. I called her out on it very loudly so the entire customer service room could here me.
I wish CGC members reading this could hear the things they say about us when they think we aren't listening. 

4/23 received the email below from Harshen Patel after we spoke on the phone.
"Hi Bruce….
I have personally checked on this and I will have this shipped out no later than Wed of this week…I am pushing for it to get done tomorrow but the latest will certainly be Wed. I will keep my eye on it and make sure this happens.
Thanks,
Harshen Patel"

4/24 tracking is uploaded for the package I sent in 2/26.

4/25 tracking is uploaded for the package I send in 2/23.

4/30 I received two packages containing 24 Playboys and 1 Devilina that were shipped 4/25. 

Packages sent 4/24 are lost in Colorado despite them being sent USPS Priority before the packages I received today. 

I opened the packages I received today immediately. NOTE: There is no damage to either boxes these were used to ship in. This will come into play later when we end up in court.

Many of the holders are not sealed all the way around and at least two exterior cases are cracked which could not have been from shipping. The Madonna is garbage now as you can see. 

The interior linings are defective. They were not molded correctly. Picture 1 shows this. They failed to seal the holders as corner dowels are completely loose on several as pictured. Compression was not used on several resulting in further damage including the 9.0 October 1978 issue with Dolly Pardon where the spine ripped at a staple. Compression was not used on the September 1985 issue with Madonna in 8.5 and the result is the magazine is now feathered inside the holder. This CGC site claims they use compression to keep the magazines in place but they can't stay in place when the dowels are loose and the interior linings literally shatter. My pictures also show two different sized holders used for the exact same magazine sent in the exact same invoice. 

I have received half of my magazines. The other half that I have yet to receive include some of the heaviest Playboys every published (SEVEN December 1978 issues with Farrah Fawcett which they boast on their page can be encapsulated safely). That package is lost in Colorado.
Nothing but problems with CGC.

Im gonna lead with a

oG7y7.gif.7204a5f1b841d22d09480fad5b8aaeb7.gif

... but then follow it up with a you have every right to be upset about the outcome of your order. Granted some of that might have to do with the shipping company, but some of it may not. Regardless, there's no need to curse and be rude when it sounds like they dealt with you properly until you started getting testy. Demanding a supervisor works for global conglomerates, not smaller companies like CGC where the "Supervisor" is not just sitting around waiting to deal with escalation cases, the supervisor you want to complain to has other things to do that you are pulling him/her away from, which is leading to longer turn around times... If every customer used up as much time as you, we'd never get our books. 

6 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Im gonna lead with a

oG7y7.gif.7204a5f1b841d22d09480fad5b8aaeb7.gif

... but then follow it up with a you have every right to be upset about the outcome of your order. Granted some of that might have to do with the shipping company, but some of it may not. Regardless, there's no need to curse and be rude when it sounds like they dealt with you properly until you started getting testy. Demanding a supervisor works for global conglomerates, not smaller companies like CGC where the "Supervisor" is not just sitting around waiting to deal with escalation cases, the supervisor you want to complain to has other things to do that you are pulling him/her away from, which is leading to longer turn around times... If every customer used up as much time as you, we'd never get our books. 

Hopefully I will be compensated without having to go to court and CGC members and employees won't have to deal with me and my time wasting.

12 minutes ago, PBruce said:

How many F-bombs should I be allowed to use for this? I think I'm entitled to use several.

None. Dropping F-bombs is not how professionals do business. It's also not how adults behave in the business world. The fact that you feel "entitled to use several" speaks volumes about your demeanor.

14 minutes ago, PBruce said:

I I think a lot of you reading this would be dropping F-bombs if half your submissions came back damaged due to faulty product. 

Nope.

16 minutes ago, PBruce said:

Character assassinations aside...

Character assassination and character suicide are two different things.

18 minutes ago, PBruce said:

Hopefully I will be compensated without having to go to court and CGC members and employees won't have to deal with me and my time wasting.

I suggest you read the CGC Service Terms and Conditions that you agreed to follow when submitting your books. Pay attention to number five.

READ ALL ABOUT IT

No one is saying that your situation isn't terribly unfortunate. I think we're all a little taken back by your attitude and behavior. I've done a lot of business with the CGC, and sometimes :censored: just happens. After all, that's why insurance companies exist.

Just yesterday, for example, I found out that one of my sketch covers came back as a green label when the proper paperwork was submitted for the yellow label. Over the last six weeks, I've been dealing with a $5,000 comic sitting in Sarasota, awaiting a reholder. Meanwhile, I have a customer who has already paid. Fortunately, his attitude is the opposite of yours. He understands that sometimes things get backed up, especially during convention season. I called the CGC three times, and never once did I raise my voice or drop F-bombs. I'm not trying to be high and mighty here but, really man, maybe it's time to grow up a little and change your 'tude?

9 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I need your address.Then i'm going shopping for Larry and yourself.Crispy Crunch,Wonderbar,Aero,Coffee Crisp,Cherry Blossom,Smarties...did I miss any?

Why no love for Twix bars? 

35 minutes ago, newshane said:

I suggest you read the CGC Service Terms and Conditions that you agreed to follow when submitting your books. Pay attention to number five.

READ ALL ABOUT IT

No one is saying that your situation isn't terribly unfortunate. I think we're all a little taken back by your attitude and behavior. I've done a lot of business with the CGC, and sometimes :censored: just happens. After all, that's why insurance companies exist.

Just yesterday, for example, I found out that one of my sketch covers came back as a green label when the proper paperwork was submitted for the yellow label. Over the last six weeks, I've been dealing with a $5,000 comic sitting in Sarasota, awaiting a reholder. Meanwhile, I have a customer who has already paid. Fortunately, his attitude is the opposite of yours. He understands that sometimes things get backed up, especially during convention season. I called the CGC three times, and never once did I raise my voice or drop F-bombs. I'm not trying to be high and mighty here but, really man, maybe it's time to grow up a little and change your 'tude?

F-Bombs addressed, character assassination addressed. At least I was honest in my post and thats more than I can say about a group of individuals assassinating the character of someone they've never had beef with. Lets move on to what members think CGC should do about the several thousand dollars worth of damage done to my property that I trusted them with or is it easier and funner to focus on the character assassination?

39 minutes ago, newshane said:

READ ALL ABOUT IT

Thanks much for the link and for pointing out #5. It's the most sensible thing any member has done. 

1 minute ago, PBruce said:

Thanks much for the link and for pointing out #5. It's the most sensible thing any member has done. 

Look man, we all think the situation stinks and I'm sure most, if not all, of us think that you deserve to be compensated.

That's not the issue.

Charging in dropping F-bombs and threatening lawsuits before you've given them enough time to assess the situation is not going to win you any sympathy from any rational person. It's just not a healthy way to go about things. 2c

Be patient. Be kind. Perhaps even apologize (OH THE THOUGHT) for they way you spoke to them on the phone. Explain the situation like an adult and see what they do. If you're not happy, pursue other options. I've found that F-bombs and threats rarely get you anywhere in the adult world...at least not anywhere you really want to be.

15 minutes ago, PBruce said:

F-Bombs addressed, character assassination addressed. At least I was honest in my post and thats more than I can say about a group of individuals assassinating the character of someone they've never had beef with. Lets move on to what members think CGC should do about the several thousand dollars worth of damage done to my property that I trusted them with or is it easier and funner to focus on the character assassination?

Is your character defined by the things you do, or by the things people say about the things you do? hm