• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D.I.S.G.U.S.T.E.D WITH CGC SERVICE & PRODUCT
1 1

70 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
42 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Is it Friday already?

forever.

dam straight :sumo: 

1 minute ago, Spawn1709 said:

They are here in Canada :) 

I'm in Soda Mint Killer,Canada. :baiting:

(I was listing off candy bars I didn't think were available to our stateside friends.)

Remember Eat More?

22 hours ago, PBruce said:

F-Bombs addressed, character assassination addressed. At least I was honest in my post and thats more than I can say about a group of individuals assassinating the character of someone they've never had beef with. Lets move on to what members think CGC should do about the several thousand dollars worth of damage done to my property that I trusted them with or is it easier and funner to focus on the character assassination?

They can fix the problems but they DON'T tolerate the attitudes. I learned my lesson in a long time ago.

49 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm in Soda Mint Killer,Canada. :baiting:

(I was listing off candy bars I didn't think were available to our stateside friends.)

Remember Eat More?

Eat More? I can't say that I remember that one unfortunately. Were they any good?

23 hours ago, PBruce said:

Hopefully I will be compensated without having to go to court and CGC members and employees won't have to deal with me and my time wasting.

Realize when you filled out the estimated value of your books on the form, that is the insurance value when shipped. You can only be compensated up to that amount, no more. This will probably be a USPS insurance claim. BTW, when you submit to CGC, you simply have to be patient. You cannot do the business day countdown thing. It will be done when it's done. I believe they have to recalibrate the encapsulation machine when processing magazines. They don't like to recalibrate the machine until they have a substantial number of magazines ready to be processed. Perhaps they got a rush job from Harshen on your magazines and the calibration was not done properly. It's best just to leave them alone and let the whole process play out.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:19 PM, porcupine48 said:

I need your address.Then i'm going shopping for Larry and yourself.Crispy Crunch,Wonderbar,Aero,Coffee Crisp,Cherry Blossom,Smarties...did I miss any?

Do they have Cherry Blossoms in the US? I didn’t think they did. They are awesome!

On 2018-04-30 at 8:09 PM, PBruce said:

Brand new CGC member. Not new to collecting and not new to professional grading. Collecting 35 years. Dealing fulltime 29 years. Ebay 19 years consistent. It is important CGC members know what I am going through. 

Sent in two waves of magazines. 25 magazines in each wave. 49 Playboys and an issue of Devilina. Service was "Modern Magazine" with a 40 day turn-around. First package was received by CGC 2/23 and the second on 2/26. 

These were to be the first two waves of more than 400 issues of Playboys I was preparing to send in.

3/19 Both invoices went to "graded" status. 

4/16 I called CGC to touch bases as the 40 business day timeline was approaching with no updates since 3/19. I was told my items were being encapsulated and that they would be shipped by the end of the week. I was fine with that and very happy.

4/19 No status update stating they were in the encapsulating process so I called back. I gave the customer service rep. the invoice numbers and her words were, "wow, let me check on this for you." 
She told me the magazines were being encapsulated and that they would be completed 4/20 and shipped 4/23 at the latest. I was fine with that.

4/23 I called back as there were no updates and I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor from a guy named Dean. Dean refused to transfer me and provoked me to the point I began to drop F-bombs then proceded to try to force me to acknowlendge my f-bombs or he wan't going to transfer me. I did this with SIX of their employees after calling back 6 times before getting into direct contact with Harshen Patel, the Director of Operations. 
When a customer asks to speak to a supervisor TRANSFER THEM TO A SUPERVISOR.
These entry level customer service employees aren't equipped to handle basic customer requests.
One of those 6 phone calls the service rep. thought she hung up without provocation just so she could be part of the party going on in the customer service rep. room. What she did was put me on speaker phone which allowed me to hear all the nice things they say about CGC customers. I called her out on it very loudly so the entire customer service room could here me.
I wish CGC members reading this could hear the things they say about us when they think we aren't listening. 

4/23 received the email below from Harshen Patel after we spoke on the phone.
"Hi Bruce….
I have personally checked on this and I will have this shipped out no later than Wed of this week…I am pushing for it to get done tomorrow but the latest will certainly be Wed. I will keep my eye on it and make sure this happens.
Thanks,
Harshen Patel"

4/24 tracking is uploaded for the package I sent in 2/26.

4/25 tracking is uploaded for the package I send in 2/23.

4/30 I received two packages containing 24 Playboys and 1 Devilina that were shipped 4/25. 

Packages sent 4/24 are lost in Colorado despite them being sent USPS Priority before the packages I received today. 

I opened the packages I received today immediately. NOTE: There is no damage to either boxes these were used to ship in. This will come into play later when we end up in court.

Many of the holders are not sealed all the way around and at least two exterior cases are cracked which could not have been from shipping. The Madonna is garbage now as you can see. 

The interior linings are defective. They were not molded correctly. Picture 1 shows this. They failed to seal the holders as corner dowels are completely loose on several as pictured. Compression was not used on several resulting in further damage including the 9.0 October 1978 issue with Dolly Pardon where the spine ripped at a staple. Compression was not used on the September 1985 issue with Madonna in 8.5 and the result is the magazine is now feathered inside the holder. This CGC site claims they use compression to keep the magazines in place but they can't stay in place when the dowels are loose and the interior linings literally shatter. My pictures also show two different sized holders used for the exact same magazine sent in the exact same invoice. 

I have received half of my magazines. The other half that I have yet to receive include some of the heaviest Playboys every published (SEVEN December 1978 issues with Farrah Fawcett which they boast on their page can be encapsulated safely). That package is lost in Colorado.
Nothing but problems with CGC.

DSC06606.JPG

DSC06609.JPG

DSC06610.JPG

DSC06611.JPG

DSC06612.JPG

DSC06613.JPG

DSC06614.JPG

DSC06615.JPG

DSC06621.JPG

DSC06598.JPG

I’ve felt your pain just not with CGC. 

Yours is a horror story that anyone reading your post will take note of. Also, it’s easy to criticize your use of language - we’ve all had moments of helplessness and frustration. 

Having said that, you need to figure out how to get out of this mess. 

Talk to them. CGC=good people. 

Cheers