• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Someone Explain Production Art To Me?

7 posts in this topic

I've been hovering around the OA scene for a few years now and I think I mostly understand the ins and outs. My searches on eBay almost always come back with production art (both color and monotone) for relatively cheap. Now, I understand what color guides are and these obviously aren't them, but I was hoping someone could explain what it is that I'm looking at. I can post examples if needed.

Thanks!

MOST production art you see on eBay is not what it purports to be. It is a modern scam, and totally worthless garbage.

Here's a thread. In it are links to other older threads.... good place to start.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/338095-is-production-page-art-worth-picking-up/?tab=comments#comment-7842669

Edited by ESeffinga

26 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

I figured as much based on the low prices and sheer randomness of them. Thanks for confirming.

Really, you're better off going to Kinkos and having them print a nice OA scan onto some quality poster stock and hand that on your wall. Its cheaper, and much cooler to look at.

8 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Really, you're better off going to Kinkos and having them print a nice OA scan onto some quality poster stock and hand that on your wall. Its cheaper, and much cooler to look at.

true, and Heritage has lots of nice large scans

Leadpink's business model is great if your conscience allows you to do it - instantly manufacture and offer up whatever's hot or in demand, list everything at $9.95 so you can't be accused of gouging people and they only have their own greed to blame for spending hundreds of dollars and list everything with deliberately vague descriptions and the necessary disclaimers.

I've just tallied it up and his last week's Ebay sales alone were over $3,500 gross and he's achieving this every week, week in week out !

Edited by r100comics