• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Promotional Comics

6 posts in this topic

I have been picking up several golden age promotional comics that I have found interesting in conjunction with anticommunists comics from the time period as well.  Though I can find plenty of information on the anticommunist comics, the promotional comics have proven to be a little more difficult in finding documentation on what exactly is out there.  Most likely this is because they are just not sought out after and are as collectible.  I was wondering if anyone had a reference, source or something that might provide me with some info on what exactly is out there, besides just searching through various auctions sites.

THANKS!!!!!

I assume you've looked through Overstreet's section on promos.  Unfortunately, you frequently see promos offered for sale with the notation "Not listed in Overstreet." So his coverage is obviously spotty.

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

29 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I assume you've looked through Overstreet's section on promos.  Unfortunately, you frequently see promos offered for sale with the notation "Not listed in Overstreet." So his coverage is obviously spotty.

Yes, I have!  But, I am constantly finding promotional comics that there are no records of or do not even pop up in a Google search.  These seem to largely be regional or local comics with low print runs.

If only there were a thread here where folks could post their promotional comics. hm

15 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

If only there were a thread here where folks could post their promotional comics. hm

I've heard rumors that such a thread once existed.  Are you saying the rumors are true?