• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

185 posts in this topic

All  right,  let's get  the  show on the road!

Space Adventures 35

Oboy,   50's  Ditko,   early  Captain Atom. 

Tiny splits upper  and lower  spine,  touch  of  spine roll,  bit  of  general  wear.   Tight spine  and CF,  decent gloss,  white pages. 

Yours for $45

qBCh37o.jpg

Plastic Man 3

Bit of  general  wear. Teensy tear RH  edge FC.  That's it.

Tight,  flat,   offwhite  pages.  Seriously,  a nice  looking   book.

Grab a little  gem for $250

hq7HsXV.jpg

First Kiss 18

Is anyone  chasing  Charlton  romance  these  days?  I don't  seem  to  run  across this  title  very often. 

This issue  is  flat,  square,  glossy, tight spine  and CF,  white pages.   Bit of   general  wear,  that's it. 

$15 takes it

vlZrg2r.jpg

Woolworth's Happy Time Christmas  Book 1952

32 pages  plus glossy  cover,   all  in  color,   and  about  evenly  split between  comics  and  advertising  pushing
various  Woolworths   toys for sale  for  the holiday. 

Plenty of general  wear,   chips out,   couple  splits  along  spine. 

Asking $10

itCS1WW.jpg

Superboy 34

Forty interior pages in this one,  split  20 front, 20 back.  Standard for this  vintage  of DC  as  far as I  know. 

Corner off upper  LH  FC,   small splits  and  small pieces  out  along  the spine,  some spine roll. Light  water lower  edge FC,   lower
and LH  edge BC.  Tight enough,   offwhite pages, 

Nice  reader, nothing better. 

Asking $30

RxfEdeE.jpg

Goofy Comics 26

Buy it for the funny  animal stuff,   keep  it for the three  FRAZETTA   illos in  the text  stories

Lower  staple  rusty with  a  whiff of  migration,   light stain upper  LH  FC,  soaks through to  the  first  couple  leaves, 
doesn't  touch the art. Otherwise   a bit of  general wear on a tight book. White pages. 

Asking $20

SYS6Ck1.jpg

Planet Comics 47

Small tear upper edge FC,  1 x 2 piece out  RH edge FC,  bit of general wear. Otherwise flat  and  tight,  cream - offwhite pages. 

Asking $125  SOLD!

ou5mAXZ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Tang the Wonder Horse and "Buddy"  NN

1945 Canadian reprint,  six stories reprinted  from  Triumph  Comics.

Cover in color,   interior  is in  black ad white. Inside  front  cover  is blank,  and someone  traced 
the logo and  horse  in light  pencil.   Otherwise  some  general  wear,  flat  and tight on the single  staple. 
Cream - offwhite  pages.  

No clue,  so  I'm  starting it out  at $50  SOLD!

apJN44x.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Crime Incorporated 2

Small  corner off upper  LH  BC, split upper  spine,  tear  at  upper  staple,  which  is still attached  along  the  back  side.
Lower  spine split  to  staple. Looks nice  in  a mylar,  lol  Interior is  decent,  tight  with  cream - offwhite  pages,  couple
small bits off  outside  edge on  a  couple  leaves.  

Asking $25

ZlHex6v.jpg

Star Wars 107  

Last issue of the original  series, and this copy is  a  beauty. 

After  a long  well  lit  inspection  I  can  only   see  three  flaws.

There is a scrape  just below the  upper LH  box,  that's not  a  bend, appears to be a printing error.   I  have  a  couple
other copies,  and  one of them  has  the  same  flaw,  same  size,   exact  same  spot. Further  down  I  see  two  miniscule
color  breaks  along  the  spine.  There  is  a small  indent in the  BC,  something  I  believe  would  press  right out. 

I  don't  generally   give  a   number  grade  but  I'm going out on a limb  and  calling this  one a  9.4 with a shot  at a  9.6.

Tight,   glossy,   white  pages. 

I wouldn't mind if it didn't  sell,   it's off  to  Basement  Comics  for  a  press,   then off  for  a slab. 

Asking  $125 FIRM

RMzTuI0.jpg

Here's  a  double up of  the  area in  question.

First  just  below the letter  box, 
Second  opposite  C3PO's  shoulder
Third  just above  opposite of  C3PO's  wrist.   

I  can't  make out  any of them   even in the blow up,  but  they're  there. 

rOP3jJJ.jpg

The Vault of Horror 23

Plenty of small bits out  RH  edge FC,  small corner off upper  LH  BC, some general  wear.  Tight  spine  and  CF, 
supple  cream pages,   small  stain  lower  edge page 1,  touches  the  bottom   edge  of  the panel.

EDIT:   small  piece  of  tape  lower  spine

Nice  reader,   maybe  a  hair  better.  Parade of  Pleasure  book.

Asking  $60  SOLD!

kumKEh1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

52 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Tang the Wonder Horse and "Buddy"  NN

1945 Canadian reprint,  six stories reprinted  from  Triumph  Comics.

Cover in color,   interior  is in  black ad white. Inside  front  cover  is blank,  and someone  traced 
the logo and  horse  in light  pencil.   Otherwise  some  general  wear,  flat  and tight on the single  staple. 
Cream - offwhite  pages.  

No clue,  so  I'm  starting it out  at $50

apJN44x.jpg

:takeit:

Teen-Age  Romance 80

Grand Comics  Database  says  there  might  be  some  Matt Baker  art in  this  cover?
Honestly,  to  my   eye  it looks  like  Coletta  all  the  way,  but  I  know there  are  MB  fans  out  there, 
does  anyone   have  any  definitive  answer?

Regardless,   it's  a  late  number issue,  with a bit of  spine  roll,  small piece out of  BC  at  lower  staple,  and  cover is 
loose  at  lower staple  to  boot.

Grab an above  average  reader  for  $12

j92sGJj.jpg

Spooky  25

Quarter  inch  tear upper  edge  BC,   touch of  spine/stacking  roll,   some  general  wear. 

Nice  gloss,  tight with offwhite  pages. 

Yours for $12

JPLTEoN.jpg

10 hours ago, catrick339 said:

No nibbles overnight,  eh?   Tough room...

Here's  something  to  tide you over  until  this  evening:

Konga 7

Flat and glossy  with  a  bit of  wear along  spine  FC  and BC,  touch of  general wear,   light  smudge/rub  upper  edge FC. White pages. 

Ditko  all the  way  through!  Flying  saucers  and  giant  ape  cover!  What's not  to  love?

Asking  $20

ek6NLDh.jpg

Take - Hi Rick...