• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

185 posts in this topic

Greetings  and  salutations!

Motor  City  Comicon is  coming,  and your ol' buddy  Rick  needs   some  extra  bank,   so  I'm  thinning  the herd!

I've pulled out  about  a hundred  items,   let's  see  if  there's  any  money  left in  the room  after  Robotman's  thread,  lol

Plenty  of  GA  and  SA  this  time around,   with   highlights including  a  dozen or  so  Planet  Comics,   a  couple EC's, 
miscellaneous  50's  and  60's  goodies,   and  a  handful  of  nice   Golden  Age  DC's.   I'm  shy this  time   on   PCH  and
Teen  Humor,  but  there  are  a  couple  of  each  tucked  away.  

DA RULEZ
I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me
and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.
$8  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined. 

For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4.50

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  
If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

Here we go!

Let's  start out  with  one of  those  aforementioned   Planets,   shall we?

Planet Comics 42

Take  a  quick  glance  and  it  looks  great,  with  bright  colors,  lays  pretty  flat,   but   close  examination  shows   problems. 
Whiff  of  transverse  spine roll,   small  piece out upper   LH  FC,   and  the  spine  has  been  damp long enough  to rust  the  staples.
Plenty  of   migration  to the  cover,  but  the  pages  appear  untouched.  Tear in  spine gutter  on  the upper  CF,  about  an inch,  
doesn't  touch  the art.   

Now  go look  at  the  scan,   along  the  lower  edge.   Something  gave  the   lower  third  to  half inch a  good  rasping,  and  
the  pages  almost  all the  way  to  the back  have  at  least  a  bit  of the  same thing.  Nothing  the  touches  the art on  any of  the pages,
and it  displays  very nicely  for  the  technical  grade. 

Asking  $120

vVmQ5Hj.jpg
Edited by catrick339

The World of  Fanzines  by  Fredric Wertham,  M.D.

Yes,   THAT  Wertham. 

1973 hardcover   first  edition,   book  is  perfect,   jacket  has a bit  of  shelf wear   FC,  and  a small  tear   lower   LH  corner  BC,  about  a half inch. 

And  here's  the  fun  bit,   it's  AUTOGRAPHED   on the  first page!

I don't mind  leaving  this one  right  on  my  own  bookshelf,   so   step up  if  you  want  that  companion to  your  copy  of  SOTI,  :D

Asking   $175

PgaYWq2.jpg

CA3gQa0.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Hi Rick!  :hi: 

Howdy  right  back  atcha!  What's up  down  Ohio  way?

Just now, Cliff R. said:

Well, the weather is getting better.  I just might make it to the Motor City Comic Con this month.

(thumbsu

Bring  money,   or  barring  that,  stuff  to  sell  or trade.  My  buddy  Steve  and I  will be  running  our  buying  booth  as usual.   Drag  along  your junk  and 
dupes,   we'll  make an insultingly low  cash offer,   lol

Hot Stuff 8

And  the  Little Devil  has never  looked  hotter!

Light  water stain  lower  RH  FC,  and  the  FC  has  a  touch  of  wave  to  it,   otherwise  flat  and tight,  glossy  with  
tight  spine  and  CF, offwhite pages.

Asking  $20

dPyKfyv.jpg

Wonder Woman 134

Flat  and  glossy,   some  general  wear, tight  with offwhite  pages,   one  small   brown  spot  lower   LH  edge BC. 

Asking  $20

iEbziTl.jpg

Sweethearts 27

Small  corner  off  upper  LH  BC,  tears  at  both  staples,  with  the  cover  barely  hanging on. Both  staples  rusty  with  a  bit of  migration. 

Nice looking  reader,   not a  bit  better. 

Asking  $20  SOLD!

v7Te7H9.jpg

Edited by catrick339

6 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Sweethearts 27

Small  corner  off  upper  LH  BC,  tears  at  both  staples,  with  the  cover  barely  hanging on. Both  staples  rusty  with  a  bit of  migration. 

Nice looking  reader,   not a  bit  better. 

Asking  $20

v7Te7H9.jpg

Take it

Happy Days  Comics  by  Propr-Bilt  Childrens  Shoes

Not listed  in  Overstreet,   and  I  can't find  any  information  at  all  in the  comic  itself,  so  I'm  taking  a  guess, and calling it  1955  plus or minus.

Combination  of  comics,  puzzles,  games,  and  paper  dolls,   sixteen  pages plus cover,  full  color  throughout.  Interior is  complete  and  untouched. 
Flat,   clean,   square,  glossy,  tight  with  offwhite  pages.   Touch  of  general  wear,   small  dust  shadow  lower  RH  FC, dust  shadow
along  outer  edge  LH  BC. 

Asking  $40  for  a nice  little  oddball

togQTPE.jpg

Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica 10

Tears at upper  staple  BC,   general wear  on a  flat  glossy  copy.  Tight spine  and CF,  white pages. 

Asking  $125

V9HPb0W.jpg

Planet Comics 45

Small piece out upper  RH  BC,  chip out  lower   edge BC,   small  corner off lower  LH BC.  Entire  spine  neatly  taped  along interior. 
Otherwise  flat  and  tight,   decent amount  of  gloss  left,   supple  cream  pages.

Asking  $100

2Gd25Yh.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 60

Small corner off  upper  LH  FC,  good  amount of general  wear,  good sized  tear  LH  edge  BC.  Tight,  good  gloss,  white pages. 

Asking  $35

PBaZnol.jpg

Pogo Possum 1

Small  corner off  lower  RH  FC, some  general  wear.   Tight spine  and  CF,  good  gloss, flat  and  square  with  offwhite pages.

Asking  $90

YadMGhQ.jpg

Captain America 110

Classic  Steranko  issue!

Bit of  general  wear,   large light  dogear  lower  RH  FC,   smudge/rub RH  edge  FC,  by Hulk's knee. Tiny tear   LH edge BC. 

Tight  spine  and  CF, decent  gloss,  white  pages. If you've   never  seen  a  copy,  the  CF  is  a  glorious  two  page  spread of  Steranko  Goodness!
The  colors   pop  on  the  FC,   nice  bright  display. 

Asking  $45 for  this little  gem.

TqXemBR.jpg

More Fun Comics 118

1"  tear  RH  edge FC,  another small tear  upper  edge FC,   two  tiny tears  at  upper  staple  FC,  large  NCB  dogears upper  RH  corner  FC. 
On  the  bright  side,  the  BC  is  GREAT,    lol

With  all  that  said,   this  book  has  good  eye  appeal,   flat  and  clean,  bit of  gloss  left,  tight  spine  and  CF,  nice  offwhite pages. 

Asking  $60

vskTEkY.jpg

...and  that is  it,  last  book  for  the  evening. 

I'll  be  back  tomorrow  around 7 PM  EST,  I'm  going  to  try  to  get  20 or 25  books  listed  over the next  three  nights,  with  maybe  a  handful 
Friday  to  finish  up  the thread.  

See  you  tomorrow,   page  sniffers!

No nibbles overnight,  eh?   Tough room...

Here's  something  to  tide you over  until  this  evening:

Konga 7

Flat and glossy  with  a  bit of  wear along  spine  FC  and BC,  touch of  general wear,   light  smudge/rub  upper  edge FC. White pages. 

Ditko  all the  way  through!  Flying  saucers  and  giant  ape  cover!  What's not  to  love?

Asking  $20  SOLD!

ek6NLDh.jpg

Edited by catrick339