• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IM 55 thought?

13 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, Coxstrong said:

i would also get this pressed if I decide to get this graded and or signed.

I don't think it will help the grade at all. I see at least 3 areas of color breaking creases and you have the stain. I'm around the 6.0 area. 

On 5/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, Coxstrong said:

i would also get this pressed if I decide to get this graded and or signed.

A press will help the appearance but it probably won't help the grade. The large color breaking crease in the upper right corner and the stains is what holds it down. I'm at 5.5, at best .

Still a nice copy regardless of the stain.  I say a 6.5 but graders are wild with how much they might deduct a stain, i'd say often times unfairly.  I don't think this cover really lends to having a signature on it. There's not much space for the signature to breath in anywhere on the front cover in my opinion.  I'd say get the first page signed or back cover if you really want to have the book signed.  

p.s.  when and if u go 2 sell a signed comic book .....how do u convince people on Ebay it's legit ? Who's gonna believe u if it's not documented ? I guess u could take a selfie of him signing it with u in da picture but who is 2 say that's the same comic book. When i'm buying books on Ebay i don;t even look at signed comic books unless there documented

On 7/26/2018 at 1:12 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

p.s.  when and if u go 2 sell a signed comic book .....how do u convince people on Ebay it's legit ? Who's gonna believe u if it's not documented ? I guess u could take a selfie of him signing it with u in da picture but who is 2 say that's the same comic book. When i'm buying books on Ebay i don;t even look at signed comic books unless there documented

Other companies can verify sigs upon slabbing even if the signature isn't witnessed.  Best case scenario is to have the signature done with someone who can verify through CGC Signature Series program.