• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Burntboy Collection

149 posts in this topic

here's a tip for anyone that's following this;

Flash 129 & 136

Metal Men 3

JLA 10

Atom 9

Supes 163

Aquaman 4

Batman 148

Green Lantern 21

and something else................

all up in about 30 minutes..................... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

here's a tip for anyone that's following this;

Flash 129 & 136

Metal Men 3

JLA 10

Atom 9

Supes 163

Aquaman 4

Batman 148

Green Lantern 21

and something else................

all up in about 30 minutes..................... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

They're being listed now!!!

Such beautiful books!! I look at that Atom and Im scratching my head how its 'only' a 8.5???

but, I gotta mention that, for me, I just dont agree with some prices so far. I honestly want you to get 100s of 1000s for your beautifully preserved books.... but is anyone going to pay $1800 for a Metal Men #3 just cause its a 9.6? Same for a WW143 for $1300?? To me, the 9.6 nosebleed multiple thing is just, well, nuts!! Im not criticising you for the pricing... why not go for it? Who knows by the time I finish typing they may be snapped up. You dont see them everyday, but I just dont equate a MM#3 and $1800 in the same sentence .

Is it just me?

Well I gotta agree with ya about the Atom #9

I wish all my 8.5's looked as nice. cloud9.gifBurntboy#9

That is why I bought it!!!.. To replace the copy my Dad gave me as a kid (which I somehow still own today, (see photo for my copy of Atom #9, among the other childhood books I somehow managed to not destroy over the past 30 years.)

I musta read my copy of Atom #9 several 100 times as a kid.

firstlongbox.JPG

I was not really seeking to upgrade it, but when I saw your copy I knew I must own it.

Thnx Harry, it has a NEW home now!!

Ze-

(and YES I gave Subby longer Sideburns..)

Such beautiful books!! I look at that Atom and Im scratching my head how its 'only' a 8.5???

but, I gotta mention that, for me, I just dont agree with some prices so far. I honestly want you to get 100s of 1000s for your beautifully preserved books.... but is anyone going to pay $1800 for a Metal Men #3 just cause its a 9.6? Same for a WW143 for $1300?? To me, the 9.6 nosebleed multiple thing is just, well, nuts!! Im not criticising you for the pricing... why not go for it? Who knows by the time I finish typing they may be snapped up. You dont see them everyday, but I just dont equate a MM#3 and $1800 in the same sentence .

Is it just me?

i don't disagree with your observations on the Metal Men 3 or Wonder Woman 143.

there is virtually nothing to easily compare these prices to. only one MM3 sold to date and it was an 8.5 for approx $150. doing the usual rule of thumb multiples to try and get up to a 9.6, the price isn't totally inrealistic and since it's the only 9.6 to have been graded, it might go for quite a high price. here's a comparison for you; PCEI has a MM2 up on his site in 9.6 for $4000 893whatthe.gif..........i'd like to think my price looks a bit more realistic than that............

insofar as WW is concerned, Pcei is selling comparably numbered issues in 9.6 for $1500 and PGC has a 127 in 9.6 for $1950. while $1300 may not appear to be a "bargain" it's certainly competitively priced. and Doug's usual hyperbole isn't misplaced on that book. it is virtually perfect in every aspect, (registration, color, structure & PQ).

ultimately all of my research will mean nothing if no one bids or books sell for a lot less, but that's the way it is - the "Market" will decide what they are worth.... grin.gif

and let me add one other thought - forget the whole "Sid's" thing and forget that they're my personal books, i guarantee that folks who buy them will be quite pleased with the purchases as these babies are graded tighter than a Crabs .................. grin.gif.

and let me add one other thought - forget the whole "Sid's" thing and forget that they're my personal books,

Well for me personally those are the exact reasons I wanted the book. Knowing it came directly from Sids Diner, to you, then to me. It has a minor time capsule quality about it, And let's face it, this is about as close as I will ever come to buying a comic off the rack, back in the day.

Sure other Pedigree's also came from a single owner collection. And even though many of the folks who might buy a book from you in the upcoming weeks might not know who you are , or really care. But the fact the the books have only changed hands 1 time over the past 40 years should command a premuim price.

If possible, I think you should scan and display the COA with each book listed. It would add a little cool factor, and also allow those who do not know anything about you to read the COA while looking at the book they want to buy.

Might even help you move a few.

So I say AIM HIGH HARRY.. if they do not sell at first.... no biggy. The books are indeed special, and should be priced as such.

IMHO

Ze-

and let me add one other thought - forget the whole "Sid's" thing and forget that they're my personal books,

Well for me personally those are the exact reasons I wanted the book. Knowing it came directly from Sids Diner, to you, then to me. It has a minor time capsule quality about it, And let's face it, this is about as close as I will ever come to buying a comic off the rack, back in the day.

Sure other Pedigree's also came from a single owner collection. And even though many of the folks who might buy a book from you in the upcoming weeks might not know who you are , or really care. But the fact the the books have only changed hands 1 time over the past 40 years should command a premuim price.

If possible, I think you should scan and display the COA with each book listed. It would add a little cool factor, and also allow those who do not know anything about you to read the COA while looking at the book they want to buy.

Might even help you move a few.

So I say AIM HIGH HARRY.. if they do not sell at first.... no biggy. The books are indeed special, and should be priced as such.

IMHO

Ze-

Kenny; you are obviously a man of uncommon wisdom.......... smile.gif

I agree that you should "aim high" too, in spite of my earlier post... But I'll still have to stifle a snicker if/when they sell for so much. I dont fault YOU for pricing along the current thinking, I fault th ecurrent thinking that values these books in these grades at those prices. Is that clearer? So go get em!

I agree that you should "aim high" too, in spite of my earlier post... But I'll still have to stifle a snicker if/when they sell for so much. I dont fault YOU for pricing along the current thinking, I fault th ecurrent thinking that values these books in these grades at those prices. Is that clearer? So go get em!

Gotcha.............. grin.gif

folks just need to make bids at whatever they can handle and see what happens down the road. i certainly never expected to sell every book at 100% of the asking price - and i did make a valid attempt to track down wahtever info was out there as well as seek advice from some knowledgeable folks..............all i need is two guys who both want the best copy in existance of each of those books.......... cloud9.gif

What books are going up tonight?

Wonder Woman #'s 127 & 139.

Supes 153

Bats 158

B&B 56

JLA 14 sold

Green Lantern 25

Flash 130

Mystery in Space 91

Metal Men 4

i have to stay up every night to see what Doug gonna post next........... tongue.gif

such sweet books... sigh

you should see MY copies I bought off the newstands the same weeks you were!! oyyy!

for anyone up and interested here's tonights offerings;

JLA 20

B&B 49

GL 22

Bat annual 5

Flash 140

MIS 84

Bats 150

Aquaman 15

Bats 160

Sea Devils 4

the B&B is the best(and only 9.6) copy graded so far.

the Bats Annual is tied for the best but has WHITE pages.

the rest are the usual.......................... grin.gif

Awesome copy of Flash 140, what a great cover. Congrats to whoever snagged it. thumbsup2.gif

acclaim.gif

I wasn't planning on picking up another (grabbed the Bats #148 first) but I like comics from the same month I was born (11/63) and according to Doug's description the flaws on the book were hard to see. Plus that green cover just looks so nice. These came out of my Chicago con budget, frustrated.gif now I gotta go sell more books quick on Ebay to build my stash back up. Oh, and Andy, I just added Batman #159 to my list for Chicago or San Diego. Another "birth-month" comic.