• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Burntboy Collection

149 posts in this topic

Scoop #121

...This offering will lead right into another high-grade offering of Silver Age DC's which will comprise of 100 high grade 1960s DC's from the Burntboy (Sid's Luncheonette) Collection. The Burntboy DC's will be offered with 10 books each day for ten straight days. The majority of the comics offered are truly scarce in high grade and many are the top certified CGC copies. All the comics offered are in 8.0 or better condition and all come from this incredible original owner collection that was purchased from the same luncheonette in Orange, New Jersey over 40 years ago. More details and exact listing dates will be provided in next week's Scoop.

Looking forward to seeing them. laugh.gif

a_men_wait.gif

they start tonight with ten books listed each night for ten nights.

even i don't know which books Doug has chosen for the initial release.

he's still waiting for my price list which i've completed but can't fax to him until he gets off his damn phone and turns the fax on....... Christo_pull_hair.gif

i will say this much about my prices - i have attempted to review the prices for these 100 books on most of the Major Sites that sell HG SA DC's. not surprisingly, i was only able to perform a reasonable comparison on about 40 of the books. the others just aren't for sale in comparable CGC grades. i also reveiwed the GPA data for every book and while many more books are represented there, much of the data is already a couple of years old. i also checked out OS for relative valuing of books within title

i'm pretty sure i've made offers which are better than most of the Major dealers listings for those books which are available, and attempted to be consistent within title for those that aren't.

not happy with the price - then make an offer. some books will likely sell pretty quickly because the asking price is met immediately. Others will sit around for awhile.........

hope there's something for everyone and the books get good homes. remember - these books went from Sid's to me to CGC - to you. I am the only owner they've ever had. no resto of any kind..........

Is there a super secret discount code word we can use to let you know we are fellow forumites if we make a lower bid then the listed BIN price?

Of course we reserve the right to relist the book on Pedigree at a higher price 1 day later!!! poke2.gif... I keeed I keedd I am only keeeding...

Seriously though , best of luck with moving ALL the books to new homes Harry, I bet it is still hard to let them go.

Ze-

no resto of any kind..........

welll, not to bring up an embarrassing admission of yours, but you did say at one time that you had foolishly trimmed off some unsightly edges at one time in your youth that came back PLODS, right? So we can at least assume that none of these sweet blue labels books got a Burntboy haircut, right?

Is there a super secret discount code word we can use to let you know we are fellow forumites if we make a lower bid the the BIN?

Of course we reserve the right to relist the book on Pedigree at a higher price 1 day later!!! poke2.gif... I keeed I keedd I am only keeeding...

Seriously though , best of luck with moving ALL the books to new homes Harry, I bet it is still hard to let them go.

Ze-

yeh - it is kinda weird selling them off, but i'm still doing it ever so slowly and have all of the Key books in my possession. AND, i have every Masterworks and Archives which cover this era........... grin.gif

and, Fred - i'm sure most of them will still be there when you wake up, tomorrow.

and this reminds me, i missed the Tour de Lance live this AM so have to go watch the 2 hour summary on the OLN................ thumbsup2.gif

Would you mind giving us forumites insider tips as to which of these books you gave to Doug to sell ? I am really excited to see the books...

i bumped the Sid's 100 list on the market forum this afternoon. those are the 100 books and grades.

the first ten go up in a few hours and will be a random selection, so that no one title will go up together. hopefully this allows someone with a real favorite title the opportunity to check out and maybe bid on something they like............

Will they be designated at Burntboy books? That new arrivals section is kinda huge, and not even in alphabetical order.

i'd wanted my own little section, but not sure how that's gonna pan out.

at worst they'll be in the SA DC in a lump...............and will probably say Sid's on the individual listings................. grin.gif

Thanks Burnt those look like an incredible bunch of books. The Mystery in Space 75 has one of my favorite covers but I was able to get my high grade copy a couple years ago. Good luck in selling the books im sure they ll go fast.

Thanks Burnt those look like an incredible bunch of books. The Mystery in Space 75 has one of my favorite covers but I was able to get my high grade copy a couple years ago. Good luck in selling the books im sure they ll go fast.

9:55pm eastern time and I don't see the listings. What's up, what time are these going up?

9:55pm eastern time and I don't see the listings. What's up, what time are these going up?

..... gossip.gif...If you list them,...we will come.....

no resto of any kind..........

welll, not to bring up an embarrassing admission of yours, but you did say at one time that you had foolishly trimmed off some unsightly edges at one time in your youth that came back PLODS, right? So we can at least assume that none of these sweet blue labels books got a Burntboy haircut, right?

none of those 5 or 6 Trim jobs is up for sale - some nice books too..........:(

there are 3 Glods, however - great looking and cheap 9.0's............ tongue.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Doug'll probably get them up right after us eastcoasters have hit the sack.. tongue.gif

when i last spoke to him (8:00ish), he was still at a party down the block................ 893whatthe.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Doug'll probably get them up right after us eastcoasters have hit the sack.. tongue.gif

when i last spoke to him (8:00ish), he was still at a party down the block................ 893whatthe.gif

11:30 and still nothing, grumble grumble. Another 30 mins and I pack it in, dammit!

....So,...it's after midnight now,...so how does this work,...does he list 20 now since it's the 5th?...or are 10 books permanently forfeited ?..... confused.gif