• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Spectre
1 1

6 posts in this topic

It blows my mind how DC has characters like the Spectre and does practically nothing with him.

With all the super heros movies these days and how generic they have become you would think DC would give him a shot.

The way he kills people alone is so creative and cool. Would make for a great crime/suspense drama. Could also have horror elements as well.

From what I learned recently he disappeared in the late 40s only to be brought back 20 years later in the silver age.

Does anyone know why he hasn't been used more by DC both in comics and movies becuase I think he's extremely interesting.

Also if anyone has more insight as to why he disappeared in the golden age I would love to know.

Here's a clip I found featuring him.

I shared it with a few of my non comic friends and they all pretty much said they same thing.

"That was awesome! Is there a series like this?"

Then I tell them, sadly no :sorry:

One of my two favourite Golden Age DC characters, along with his fellow More Fun Comics hero, Dr Fate. 

He shouldn't be made cosmically all-powerful, as he was in his earliest adventures, which would possibly be a little too much in a film, but the ideal would be the dark spirit of vengeance interpretation of Fleisher and Ostrander, administering imaginative, bizarre punishment to criminals.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Unlikely. Too typical old school crimefighter, like The Shadow and Green Hornet.

Spectre would be an easier update.

Edited by Ken Aldred