• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had you have issued with your buyers about Newton Rings?

7 posts in this topic

I have sold many CGC copies with first/second generation labels and newest cases - not even one customer complains about Newton Rings.

Have you experienced with the buyers complaining about Newton Rings inside the cases?  I have seen many board members complaining/concerning about them.

Just curious.

I feel like a majority of the collecting population doesn't care.  There are some who very much dislike them but most don't think twice about them.  I for one don't mind the newton rings.  As long as they're not adversely affecting the condition of the book I'm fine with them.

6 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I have sold many CGC copies with first/second generation labels and newest cases - not even one customer complains about Newton Rings.

Have you experienced with the buyers complaining about Newton Rings inside the cases?  I have seen many board members complaining/concerning about them.

Just curious.

The Board complaints are always from Newbies that are not familiar with Newton Rings.

On 5/28/2018 at 4:22 PM, JollyComics said:

Ironic, because Newton Rings have always been a problem, not just with the latest cases.

Some older cases had a slot through the side where one could slip in a piece of paper and "clear" the rings.  The newest cases don't seem to have this, and I am unable to unstick the two plastic surfaces.