• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 16

90 posts in this topic

Unoffical Scores

Contenders

arty 45

redhook 44

toro 44

Pretenders

october_fire 43

mr woogieman 41

verygoodplus 41

rjpb 40

143ksk 40

inconceivable 40

FFB 40

dnagent 40

How sweet is that, that all three of us scored the exact same number of points? Way to go, former teammates! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice finish there, Scott thumbsup2.gif

I vote that whomever posted the most gripes in the contest be forced to be the next lamb led to the slaughter.

5152.jpg893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, he was foremost in my thoughts, yet he didn't walk alone on the mountain top. gossip.gif

Forgot to say a big thank you to Deathlok.......super work!

Almost forgot DL foreheadslap.gif

big thanks for posting ongoing scores of the rounds hail.gif

Unoffical Scores

Contenders

arty 45

redhook 44

toro 44

Pretenders

october_fire 43

mr woogieman 41

verygoodplus 41

rjpb 40

143ksk 40

inconceivable 40

FFB 40

dnagent 40

How sweet is that, that all three of us scored the exact same number of points? Way to go, former teammates! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I noticed that too! thumbsup2.gif

Though one of us shouldn't have chunked the last round and should be playing in overtime poke2.gif

Dan

thanks for the fun contest Nikos !

i learned that compared to my grading, cgc tends to grade higher or less strictly, especially with

browning/tanning and sun/dust shadows. i had to adjust, for example, i grade that last

spidey book at 7.0 to sell, but gave it a 9.0 as throughout the contest i found that cgc does not downgrade as much as me. anyway...

i have never gotten a comic book slabbed and likely won't buy many,

especially with all the pressing [embarrasing lack of self control], for lack of better words...

but it is possible to see how they grade and what 'defects' are given more or less attention

as they do not make this information available so people can know what the heck

is going on. i guess i learned that i do not need cgc to grade my books, i can do it...no more sweet deals to board members where i call something a 9.0/9.2 and they receive a 9.4/9.6 when they get them back from cgc!!! 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

thanks to greggy and deathlok and all participants... thumbsup2.gif

Unoffical Scores

Contenders

arty 45

redhook 44

toro 44

Pretenders

october_fire 43

mr woogieman 41

verygoodplus 41

rjpb 40

143ksk 40

inconceivable 40

FFB 40

dnagent 40

I noticed that too! thumbsup2.gif

Though one of us shouldn't have chunked the last round and should be playing in overtime poke2.gif

Dan

Sorry tonofbricks.gif

A huge thanks to Nikos for taking the time to put together an excellent contest while having his books abused by the board , and then giving away a $100 gift certificate to the winner - and kudos to 143ksk and Old Guy for kicking in prizes as well. hats of to Deathlok for keeping track of the rankings, and a nod to Greggy for helping out at the beginning.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Once again nice contest Nik! 893applaud-thumb.gif

And congrats to the final three! 893applaud-thumb.gif

You three should get together and write a best seller on grading! thumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif