• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK Marvel Fans, I'll send you a digital No-Prize if you can figure this one out!

33 posts in this topic

Lady Sif, and the mortal side is Jane Foster.

During the 25 cent period of Thor, Jane Foster was dying, and would not survive. Sif used her mortal incarnation on earth to inhabit Jane Foster to save her..basically Sif can no longer appear on earth and did so to save jane Foster because she loved Thor.

If I find the issue in question I will post it. Somewhere around issue 236 with the Absorbing Man.

Artboy99

Here is the character list from the Hake's auction. Sif is not on there. confused.gif

Characters include Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Thing, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Incredible Hulk, The Vision, Hawkeye, The Falcon, Red Wing, Sub-Mariner, Captain Marvel, Valkyrie, J. Jonah Jameson, Luke Cage, Shang Chi, Mary Jane Watson, Aunt May as well as villains Galactus, Dr. Doom, Loki, The Red Skull, The Lizard, The Green Goblin.

I think Valkyrie in the listing is the mistake...

Well, considering that Hake's published a full page ad in CBG that noted "all lots may be viewed online" but forgot to put the web site address in the ad, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an error in their listing! 27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif

noidea.jpg

That's Lady Sif on one side, the other side is Jane Foster. The better no-prize would be WHAT ISSUES of Thor are those images from... They're both by Buscema, so that narrows it down, and the copyright 1975 narrows it down even further. Anybody have their issues of Thor floating around from issues 210-245?

It might be earlier than that, but I doubt it. The Jane Foster image especially looks very 1973-1975 Marvel to me.

And is Lady Sif no longer in Thor books? I haven't read Thor in 20 years so I have no idea.

you better look closely at the box.

looks a little pressed to me from here!

It's actually a composite of the front of the box and the sides from about a dozen scans I had to make (you can see the text is still a bit jumbled.) The actual box is pretty nice and not flattened as it appears in the jpg.

That IS a nice set. This one that was referred to earlier from Hake's closed for only $229. Quite a bargain for an unopened one. I think when the description says "Characters include" that it leaves open the possibility that more characters are included than are stated. After all, who would be wavering in a decision to buy this, then see Jane Foster is included and then suddenly decide to purchase it solely for this reason!

851030-marvelworld.jpg

851030-marvelworld.jpg.b5def74912b2a4d0c1c93eff1b30b6b6.jpg