• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Action 1 on ebay!!!!

268 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, James J Johnson said:

Now listen here, I just got an idea! :idea:   A bet! I'll bet you $500,000 that the exact winning bid is $251,200! Not a penny less, not a penny more. The only stipulation will be that you'll have to pay me the $500,000 that I win from you soon after the end of the auction so I can follow up and pay Sparkle for the book!   :flipbait:

:grin:

want my address :hi: :takeit:

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

I may be out on the limb by myself but I think the final hammer for the Action 1 was quite impressive.  Almost $150k for an incomplete restored Action 1 (I thought the restoration looked pretty amateur).

Yes, it sure did. It looked like Dr. Frankenstein took ill halfway into the procedure and Igor had to finish up.

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

I may be out on the limb by myself but I think the final hammer for the Action 1 was quite impressive.  Almost $150k for an incomplete restored Action 1 (I thought the restoration looked pretty amateur).

(thumbsu someone had to have a nice coverless that price is :screwy:

15 minutes ago, woowoo said:
18 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

(thumbsu someone had to have a nice coverless that price is :screwy:

There were 14 bidders that bid $130K or more on the Action #1. I doubt that they all have nice coverless copies. I suspect that there are just a lot of folks that want an Action #1. It may have some resto, and need a centerfold, but it's still an attractive entry level Action #1 IMO. Congrats to the winner.

By comparison, although the Cap #1 finished higher, it only had 7 bidders at $130K or more. Cap #1 is a great book as well, but it's not an Action #1.

43 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I agree. For an extensive restored .5 to sell for $145K that seems pretty solid. Got to give it to the almighty Action 1. Never ceases to amaze.

Oh well. If I had 150k (which I don't) - and only that amount - to spend in a hobby grail once in a lifetime I'd definitively hesitate to go for an AC1 like this.

3 hours ago, Superman2006 said:

There were 14 bidders that bid $130K or more on the Action #1. I doubt that they all have nice coverless copies. I suspect that there are just a lot of folks that want an Action #1. It may have some resto, and need a centerfold, but it's still an attractive entry level Action #1 IMO. Congrats to the winner.

Props to all those bidders. I suspect there was quite a bit of calculation and "due diligince" involved in order to step that far forward. 

How is the next 0.5 or 1.0 AC1 on the market going to look like? ?

8 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Oh well. If I had 150k (which I don't) - and only that amount - to spend in a hobby grail once in a lifetime I'd definitively hesitate to go for an AC1 like this.

Props to all those bidders. I suspect there was quite a bit of calculation and "due diligince" involved in order to step that far forward. 

How is the next 0.5 or 1.0 AC1 on the market going to look like? ?

Can you imagine what an unrestored .5 would go for though? Probably add another $75K-$100K onto this one.

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Can you imagine what an unrestored .5 would go for though?

Raw or slabbed? ?

Now, that would be ALL about eye appeal ....Anything between 150k and 300k? Like a near-complete spine split, some amateur painted panels, two different owner stamps inside, back cover with loooong tear? Dream book!

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

The Cap is not showing up as completed or sold. Hmmmmm?

I too cannot find any record now but when I checked this morning (prior to deleting it off my account) the final price was around $175K. 

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

5 hours ago, Pickie said:

Raw or slabbed? ?

Now, that would be ALL about eye appeal ....Anything between 150k and 300k? Like a near-complete spine split, some amateur painted panels, two different owner stamps inside, back cover with loooong tear? Dream book!

I was thinking raw/slabbed. It’s a new combination sex appeal of both ?

12 hours ago, Superman2006 said:

By comparison, although the Cap #1 finished higher, it only had 7 bidders at $130K or more. Cap #1 is a great book as well, but it's not an Action #1.

Screenshot 2018-06-24 at 6.01.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-06-24 at 5.58.49 PM.png

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

The Cap is not showing up as completed or sold. Hmmmmm?

Right when you get to the cap page you will see

The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

click the listing and it should bring you back to the Cap 1 page.

Edited by woowoo