• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Action 1 on ebay!!!!

268 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Right when you get to the cap page you will see

The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

click the listing and it should bring you back to the Cap 1 page.

it's ebay's annoying way to sell their current items

23 minutes ago, woowoo said:
13 hours ago, Superman2006 said:

There were 14 bidders that bid $130K or more on the Action #1. I doubt that they all have nice coverless copies. I suspect that there are just a lot of folks that want an Action #1. It may have some resto, and need a centerfold, but it's still an attractive entry level Action #1 IMO. Congrats to the winner.

By comparison, although the Cap #1 finished higher, it only had 7 bidders at $130K or more. Cap #1 is a great book as well, but it's not an Action #1.

Screenshot 2018-06-24 at 6.01.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-06-24 at 5.58.49 PM.png

It looks like there were a couple of retractions, and it looks like Sparkle City did a good job of cancelling bids from some questionable parties. I'm not sure what your response has to do with my comment. What am I missing?

7 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

It looks like there were a couple of retractions, and it looks like Sparkle City did a good job of cancelling bids from some questionable parties. I'm not sure what your response has to do with my comment. What am I missing?

Just wanted to post something waiting for my coffee accomplished.jpg.61822e14780fd05e9ee32b06d260ddc2.jpg when I have a good answer I let you know what your missing :whistle:

2 minutes ago, woowoo said:
12 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

Just wanted to post something waiting for my coffee accomplished.jpg.61822e14780fd05e9ee32b06d260ddc2.jpg when I have a good answer I let you know what your missing :whistle:

:tink:

30 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Nice !  Final Hammer ?  What was the resto ??

You need to go to the completed or to the sold items on ebay and to filter appropiately. There you have the item with pics (FC & BC) and full item description ($9,100).

Beautiful cover illustration! ?

Well, since I'm at it: 

s-l1600.thumb.jpeg.e40b2a6d4c7e3713f57e797ff9a1423d.jpeg

(Photo by Sparkle City Comics)

"Action Comics #2 2nd Superman Ever 1.0 Fair COMPLETE Golden Age Comic Book Key

Sparkle City Comics is proud to offer this AUTHENTIC AND ORIGINAL Action Comics #2. This is not a reprint or anything other than the genuine article. This Action #2 presents very beautifully!

This book is in approximate 1.0 FAIR condition and has cream to off-white pages. This book does have some slight professional restoration, including tear seals, color touch, pieces added and tape. All the pages have pieces added to them but it does NOT affect the story and the book doesn't have staples."

Edited by Pickie

Yeah, it looks better, I took a chance, I expect it to come back 1.5 or maybe 2.0 mod/ ext resto. 

I missed a chance a few years ago to pick up Carbo's 4.5 Mod or ext I think it was for $10k and regretted it ever since.

Not sure whether to give it Matt for improvement until I see it...hopefully he'll be at the next show I'm at to get his opinion...

he has my Cap # 1  as it is.

Edited by quicksilver

7 hours ago, Pickie said:

You need to go to the completed or to the sold items on ebay and to filter appropiately. There you have the item with pics (FC & BC) and full item description ($9,100).

Beautiful cover illustration! ?

Well, since I'm at it: 

s-l1600.thumb.jpeg.e40b2a6d4c7e3713f57e797ff9a1423d.jpeg

(Photo by Sparkle City Comics)

"Action Comics #2 2nd Superman Ever 1.0 Fair COMPLETE Golden Age Comic Book Key

Sparkle City Comics is proud to offer this AUTHENTIC AND ORIGINAL Action Comics #2. This is not a reprint or anything other than the genuine article. This Action #2 presents very beautifully!

This book is in approximate 1.0 FAIR condition and has cream to off-white pages. This book does have some slight professional restoration, including tear seals, color touch, pieces added and tape. All the pages have pieces added to them but it does NOT affect the story and the book doesn't have staples."

Probably a bargain price for this book   It's a really good story and a rare issue.  I let my complete moderate restored copy go to a self-ID'd collector and regretted it almost immediately, then more so after I saw it magically reappeared with a label that said slight resto and 3 grades higher. 

1 hour ago, rob_react said:

As a note!

The Captain America Comics #1 solid in the auction had sold previously, by Sparkle city, on eBay, in 2012 for $71,100.

Before that it sold for $23,500 in July of 2010

Do you have a link to the auction and what did it sell for this time?  hm  (thumbsu

24 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Do you have a link to the auction and what did it sell for this time?  hm  (thumbsu

All of the auctions are dead. Ebay purges their results after 60 days. It sold this June for around $175k 

44 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

18 minutes ago, rob_react said:

All of the auctions are dead. Ebay purges their results after 60 days. It sold this June for around $175k 

If this helps, here is a write-up about their auction during the summer of 2012,  It shows the highlights which of course leads off with the CA 1.  I copied and pasted below and provided the link.

https://www.prweb.com/releases/cgc-comics/09/prweb9941782.htm

NORTH BERGEN, NJ (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 26, 2012

Sparkle City Comics just wrapped up their latest big auction event, “Fall into Fandom”. This auction ended on Sunday evening, September 23rd, 2012 and resulted in many record prices. The auction showcased comics from all eras but the majority of the comics were from the desirable Golden Age period, 1936 to 1955. Bidding was intense with well over 6,000 bids placed on 216 items. This auction has further cemented Sparkle City’s position as the leading vintage comic seller on EBAY with over $4,500,000 sold in no reserve auctions over the past 12 months.

Auction Highlights Included: 

•     Captain America Comics #1 CGC 6.5    $71,100 (GPA record breaking price)
  •     Action Comics #10 CGC 3.0 Court Copy     $45,200 (GPA record breaking price)
  •     Captain America Comics #23 CGC 9.2     $13,107 (GPA record breaking price)
  •     Wonder Woman #1 CGC 3.0     $5,215 (GPA record breaking price)
  •     Detective Comics #3 CGC 1.8     $3,700 (GPA record breaking price)

There were many of other record-breaking prices set including: 

•     Sub-Mariner Comics #11 CGC 6.5    $5,600
  •     USA Comics #5 CGC 6.5     $5,239
  •     Captain America Comics #50 CGC 9.0    $4,062
  •     USA Comics #4 CGC 9.0     $4,050
  •     All-Select Comics #2 CGC 6.5     $4,038
  •     Zip Comics #22 CGC 5.0     $3,200
  •     New Comics #8 CGC 6.5     $1,953
  •     Ghost Comics #6 CGC 8.5     $1,550
  •     Fighting Yank #12 CGC 6.5     $1,136