• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How are people shipping books to CGC?

12 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Fed Ex is pretty good and USPS registered i have used with no problem. And if you really don't trust those i have driven books down and planned a vacation around the drive (thumbsu

Thanks, I may go the Fedex route and just do smaller groups of books. 

Just now, batman_fan said:

Thanks, I may go the Fedex route and just do smaller groups of books. 

I would do the same the odds are better 

6 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

The last time I tried to use FedEx, I was informed they don't deliver to PO boxes, so make sure you use their alternate address if using them.

5501 Communications Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34240

Thanks (thumbsu

On 6/20/2018 at 9:18 PM, batman_fan said:

I was wondering what service people use, especially given the insurance aspect.  I have an set of books I am finally going to send off to be graded but the value is pretty high.

Just sent an AF15 and a FF1 to Cgc using Usps Registered Mail. 3 days Priority $73.50 insured for $30k

And remember that FedEx doesn't offer insurance (just some vague extra charge called "declared value" which doesn't apply to collectibles anyway), so you will definitely want 3rd party insurance.

For valuable books, I generally use Express Mail and rely on my private insurance to cover it if something goes wrong.  Knock on wood, it never has to this point.  The downside to Registered is that it can take awhile and sometimes the tracking goes dark for several days before it finally jumps to delivered.  Too nerve wracking! 

20 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Just sent an AF15 and a FF1 to Cgc using Usps Registered Mail. 3 days Priority $73.50 insured for $30k

Only $30K?  Is the AF 15 coverless? (: