• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

visited LOC, some EC, some AF15 art, etc...
1 1

34 posts in this topic

Had a great experience with the staff at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. Thought some here might enjoy a sample of some images taken. Did not have access to a scanner though.

Kind of a nerve wracking experience gingerly lifting the often fragile items from their archival sleeves, and didn't have much time to get as far as I would've liked.

inside_VOH_reduce.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules

How does this work you can just show up and ask to paw thru the books??

5 minutes ago, kav said:

How does this work you can just show up and ask to paw thru the books??

Can't really elaborate on my personal research, but as far as I know, I would start by contacting them and asking to set up an appointment -- generally, access is granted to qualified scholars .   There are several steps required to pull books, and paperwork, etc.. in advance.

I can also assure you, that you will be watched from at least one or two sources and cameras etc... I don't think anyone can just 'paw' through the items.

1 minute ago, bronze_rules said:

Can't really elaborate on my personal research, but as far as I know, I would start by contacting them and asking to set up an appointment -- generally, access is granted to qualified scholars .   There are several steps required to pull books, and paperwork, etc.. in advance.

I can also assure you, that you will be watched from at least one or two sources and cameras etc... I don't think anyone can just 'paw' through the items.

man I was worried thx for clarifying.  I would be tempted to ask them if I could have a couple of the books though-I would say look you have so many cant I just have a couple?

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Wondered if those books were donated by Geppi's Entertainment Museum?  I recognized the stamps - you can find it in Wiki - Stamps

I was informed Geppi's stuff has not been processed yet. =(

Edited by bronze_rules

Though the 10 page complete AF15 story OA is there, it was really hard to capture with lighting conditions, angles, etc...  Have to say I was pretty blown away though -- truly a grail, if there was one.  I was told that part of the reason that the anonymity is so cautiously guarded, is that they have been told more donations are expected from the mystery donor.  The only thing I could establish, was it was clearly not Marie Severin.

af15.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules