• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

worth slabbing

5 posts in this topic

a restored issue of all american that is about $1500-$1700 in its apparent grade?

probably a 2.0 - 2.5 pre-restoration (tears in spine sealed and a 3/4" inch triangle on cover replaced), looks like a F/VF now

is the mindset of a purchaser that they want CGC to tell them how much and what type of restoration was done, not that they want to know that there was resto?

If you're looking to sell, I put it in the marketplace here first. Just about anyone on these boards who bought that book would likely uncork it anyways.

However, if you don't get a nibble via the forum, and you then opt for comiclink/ebay/etc., you'll probably need it slabbed to get a nice price.

a restored issue of all american that is about $1500-$1700 in its apparent grade?

probably a 2.0 - 2.5 pre-restoration (tears in spine sealed and a 3/4" inch triangle on cover replaced), looks like a F/VF now

is the mindset of a purchaser that they want CGC to tell them how much and what type of restoration was done, not that they want to know that there was resto?

which issue?

I looked at the darn thing and now i just don't know for sure if it's restored. There is a small piece of tape on the spine, which isn't restoration per se, but the corner that I thought was replaced could just look "funny" bacause of ancient water damage --- or it could look funny because of CT, I dunno. Whaterever it was, the corners of the pages have a little moisture/stain to them.

I guess this is a job for CGC to figure out.

Anyone have an idea what they'd charge me to encapsulate a book like this? How do you come up with a value on a restored book (for the purposes of CGC)? It could be "worth" $250, it could be "worth" $750, who knows?