• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest -Final Round
5 5

180 posts in this topic

Thank you to Shin and Andy for a really wonderful contest! To all participants... if you submitted a score in all 10 rounds and did not make it to the prize round... you are still alive for a prize.

2 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

9.2 and 3.0.

Thanks Andy, Shin and everyone who participated. I had a great time.

Yeah, I'll take my three points and scurry off but I can't get over that ASM.  ??? Its grade shouldn't have broken 3.0. The paper looked brittle where the large stain was, and the interior page behind it looked stained through as well.

7 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

:preach: Please read this :preach:

Everyone, please take a look at the 2nd and 3rd posts in this thread.  I have updated those posts to show all of the prizes that have been donated. 

We have an unbelievable 81 prizes donated.  :acclaim:

I'd like to cut off the donations by 7:00 PM tonight, EDT.  No more after that.

I'd also like everyone to take a look at the prizes after that time and then make a list (in order of preference) of which prizes you would choose first, second, third, and so on....  (send me a new PM so sckao doesn't have to read any unnecessary posts)

:news: Please note that prize picking will begin at 9:00 AM EDT tomorrow morning.

****RULES FOR PRIZE PICKING THREAD****

1. Please remember that shipping worldwide is assumed included, unless otherwise mentioned.

2. Don't be upset if someone chooses your prize donation and wants to sell it right away.  It's theirs to do with what they want.

3. There will be a 5 minute time limit for picking your prize.  If you aren't here to pick your prize within those 5 minutes (and you didn't send me your list of preferred prize picks) then your turn is put on hold.  Any person who has their pick on hold can come back and make their choice immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to copy/paste this post in the Round 10 thread as well.

Here's the link to the Prize Thread in Comics General:

Read this, everyone. 

Just now, comicquant said:

Thanks guys ( @thirdgreenham and @sckao ) for another great contest!  Ton's of fun!  @thirdgreenham you have about 10 books on your CGC wall I want!  Do you have them online somewhere?

Thanks,

JP

www.forestcitycoins.com 

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Thanks guys ( @thirdgreenham and @sckao ) for another great contest!  Ton's of fun!  @thirdgreenham you have about 10 books on your CGC wall I want!  Do you have them online somewhere?

Thanks,

JP

yes he does

www.forestcitycoins.com 

Edited by Azkaban

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

Thanks,

JP

yes-

www.forestcitycoins.com 

Thank you Andy and Shin, you guys put in so much time in this contest and it is truly appreciated.  Andy, I never knew about the forestcitycoins website and it was really cool reading about the history of the business. 

I was right, I figured the ASM was higher, but I refused to give that book a higher grade. :)

Thanks again for everything!

@thirdgreenham As @toro mentioned the history of your company is cool.  There aren't many businesses that have survived for three generations so you're doing something right!  I'm headed up to my cabin (North of North Bay) and we always stay in London on the way so I'll be stopping by.  Hopefully you'll be around!

13 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

So the one inch crease/tear on the upper left back cover on the Tec was a printing error I presume? 

Awesome contest! Thanks for all the hard work guys!

back to back 4th place finishes for me - close but not close enough :) congrats to everyone and especially @Azkaban 

and to you as well Sir :applause: