• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

306 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

And  here's  the  thing.   According  to  O'street,   there are  TWO  of  them.  One from  1951,   and this  issue  from   1953.

Does  anyone  have  the   1951  issue?   I'd  love to  see  a  scan. 

Not as interesting but here it is

787819.jpg

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

“Swamp mist” ? hm

Yup.   Right  now  I'm  sitting in  front of  a  box  fan  upstairs,  it's  about 85,  down  from  near 90,   Sweat  running  down  my  forehead  and  into
my  eyes,  glasses  a  little  steamed up,    and I'm   looking  at  the   edges  and  doing  page  counts and  checking  staples,    I  plain  out 
missed  the  pull.   At a  glance  it  blended  in  with   the  vapors  in  the  background  and  Our   Hero's  hair  part,   and  it  all  looked  a  little 
misty  to  me,   lol

Wedding  Bells  #1

Nice clean  copy,  flat  and  glossy,   tight  spine  and  CF,  white  pages,   minor  general  wear. 

Grab it  for  $45

Ut0lczP.jpg

Here  we  go,   last  book  of  the  evening.  Time  to  head   for  the  AC  again.

I'll  be   back  some  time  tomorrow  AM  while  the  day  is  cool,  more  PCH,   Teen  Humor,  and  oddball  stuff. 

Katy  Keene  14 

Sharp  copy  (provided  I  didn't  miss  a  tape  pull,  :D )with  minor   general  wear.   Tight,   flat,   clean  and  glossy,  
tight  spine   and  CF,   all  dolls  intact,       white  pages. Well,   except  for  the  light  water   stains   upper  and  lower
RH  edge,  lol

Asking  $60  SOLD!

PH37nVK.jpg

Edited by catrick339

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

This one is for you Rick!

7B1028AF-3756-43B1-99A9-7307E45DBD60.jpeg

(Drops  to  knees,   kisses  Robot's   signet  ring)

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Here  we  go,   last  book  of  the  evening.  Time  to  head   for  the  AC  again.

I'll  be   back  some  time  tomorrow  AM  while  the  day  is  cool,  more  PCH,   Teen  Humor,  and  oddball  stuff. 

Katy  Keene  14 

Sharp  copy  (provided  I  didn't  miss  a  tape  pull,  :D )with  minor   general  wear.   Tight,   flat,   clean  and  glossy,  
tight  spine   and  CF,   all  dolls  intact,       white  pages. Well,   except  for  the  light  water   stains   upper  and  lower
RH  edge,  lol

Asking  $60

PH37nVK.jpg

:takeit:

G'morning!

Here's one to tide you over while I  get  some  scans  finished. 

Mighty Mouse 2,   1946 Timely

Rough  reader.  Buckets of  tape,   plenty of  bits  missing to  boot.    Page 1 has  a  long  narrow  strip  off  LH  edge,  splash page is  okay,  but  gets  into  the  art, 
and takes out  part of   a  caption  box  and  a  word  balloon  on page 2.  Interior  is  okay,   offwhite  pages.  Well,   okay  except  for the tape and
the missing  chunk  of  page  1,   :D

Grab  yourself  a  reader  for  $35

CAuf0vg.jpg

Okay!  Scans  are  all  finished,   but  I  have  several  HoneyDews   to  take  care of  before  I do  any major listing. 
Here's another one  to  tide  you over until midafternoon  when  I  start listing  for  real. 

Authentic Police  Cases 33 

The only  other  Matt  Baker  book  in  the  thread.  And pipe  the   gams on that  gun moll!

Plenty of  chipping   along  RH  edge  and upper edge  FC,  and  the  spine is completely  taped. That  dogear upper  LH  FC detached  as I  put it  back in  the  
bag after scanning,   I'll  include it with the book.  To add insult  to injury,   there's  a page  neatly  razored out  in  the  back  half  of  the book.   Must  be  ad  or
text, the stories  before  and  after  are  complete.   Sigh...

Who  wants  a  nice looking  Baker  book  at  a  bargain  price?

$30 takes it.  SOLD!

Aehb3CJ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Okay!  Scans  are  all  finished,   but  I  have  several  HoneyDews   to  take  care of  before  I do  any major listing. 
Here's another one  to  tide  you over until midafternoon  when  I  start listing  for  real. 

Authentic Police  Cases 33 

The only  other  Matt  Baker  book  in  the  thread.  And pipe  the   gams on that  gun moll!

Plenty of  chipping   along  RH  edge  and upper edge  FC,  and  the  spine is completely  taped. That  dogear upper  LH  FC detached  as I  put it  back in  the  
bag after scanning,   I'll  include it with the book.  To add insult  to injury,   there's  a page  neatly  razored out  in  the  back  half  of  the book.   Must  be  ad  or
text, the stories  before  and  after  are  complete.   Sigh...

Who  wants  a  nice looking  Baker  book  at  a  bargain  price?

$30 takes it. 

Aehb3CJ.jpg

Take it

Before  I  take  off,   let's  see  just how  strong  JustJimN's  commitment  to  Sparkie  really is!

Sparkie  #1

Yep,   a  second  copy  of  Sparkie 1,   every  bit  as  nice  as  the  first  one. 

Asking  $35  SOLD!

rxbiD5s.jpg

Edited by catrick339

19 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

:ohnoez:

Damn it late again.

Good grab retrocomics.

(Nudges Oceans)  Well,  that Sparkie  1  is  still  up  for  grabs.  Here's your  chance  to  beat  Jim  to the punch!

Well,  it's over 90 here in Michigan  again,   Day  Five  and  counting,  I  believe.

I'll  list  a  few,    duck  back into  the  AC,   cool  off  and  list  a  few  more.

I have  twenty  books  to  get  listed  today,  and  the  last  three  will  be two  of  Catrick's   mild  regrets,  and  one of  Catrick's  Greatest  Regrets.
Books  I  bought  without  proper  inspection, which  promptly   bit  me  in  the  arse  when I  got  home.   The last  is  
a  Big  Silver  Age  Key,   which  I  will  be  selling  at  cost.   The  two  mild  regrets  will  be  selling  at  or  below  cost,  just 
to  teach myself  a  lesson,   lol

Here we go.  

Sergeant  Barney  Barker 3,  final issue.

More  great  John  Severin  cartooning  on  a  lowgrade  copy.  Hole  punch  upper  right  FC,   plenty  of  general  wear,   
lots of  folds  and  wrinkling  through  the  logo  FC,  small  split upper  spine.   Still  has  a  tight spine  and  CF,  cream -  offwhite pages.

Take it  for $20

U7uxd9z.jpg