• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elvira House of Mystery

14 posts in this topic

I was surprised that Elvira's aren't that plentiful. I picked up my first one from a fifty cent bin at a show. I couldn't find any others, except on Ebay.

Has anyone else had trouble finding them?

They are a cool comic aren't they?

Here's a beautiful black cover:

Elvira11.jpg

Alex (female) grin.gif

SLR5,

That is one of the nicest covers in the DC run, of course Dave Stevens art is always nice to look at! If you are an Elvira fan there is another series from a publisher by the name of Claypool. I don't have any of these myself so I can't vouch for quality, got these pics from Chuck's MileHigh site. All contain photo covers!

853267-Elvira%2310.jpg

853267-Elvira%2312.jpg

589a8ee792cd6_853267-Elvira12.jpg.2d5b1f2952f1e18565fa0ea57dce865d.jpg

Here's my copy of Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark #1. She signed this copy at the San Deigo con several years ago where she was making an appearance in full costume.

It was nice shy.gif ( . )ahem( . ) looking down at her as she was signing my book.

853798-E1.jpg

853798-E1.jpg.e399361f6361a72ea6aa9b994fcb6942.jpg

Sid, That's pretty cool!

Other than having an artist or writer sign the book, how often is it to have the true main character sign it? Thanks for posting. This and DiceX's Evel Knievel # 1 are the only 2 books I have seen on these boards that were signed by the main character! Pretty unique IMO! thumbsup2.gif

Sorry to go TOTALLY off-topic with this one, but since Jayman likes comics signed by the actual real main character, I just had to post this too. Mr. T was at the 1993 San Diego con promoting his new line of comics from Now Comics. The cool thing about T was that instead of sitting behind the usual table and signing books as people came up, he stood out IN FRONT of the table shaking everybody's hand as they walked by and answering questions. He even posed for pictures. I don't know what happened to it but my friend took a photo of Mr. T putting me in a headlock.

854302-T.jpg

854302-T.jpg.6efc740ad8c40f884f7fb8a997b1223b.jpg

I've always thought that these were not hard to find....sold a complete VF/NM set about a year ago...

BTW, the stories in there are great...too bad the covers didn't match up cup for cup... 27_laughing.gif

I must be kept abreast of the situation... tongue.gif

COOL - signatures of the character. Would you believe I have a signed copy of Swamp Thing? NO, I DIDN"T THINK SO .

This next statement will probably sound really stupid to most of you, but: I like color in the story line. I believe Elvira Mystress of The Dark has black and white panels. That is not to say that I don't enjoy the stories, but I prefer the House of Mystery title.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the color vs black and white panels.

Alex (female) makepoint.gif

Alex, I'm with you on the color thing. I'm not a reader anyway, but just an art fan, so it's just got to be color. That's not to say that I don't like any B&W art, it's just not as pleasing to the eye and sometimes takes longer to really "see" what's going on without the color.

Sid (male)

Alot depends on whether the intention was for the art to be in color or b&w when printed. Some b/w printings of art that was designed for color end up looking unfinished. On the other hand sometimes b/w really gives you the best reproduction quality - especially if the artist uses blacks well.

Having grown up reading undergrounds which were usually only b/w on the insides, I have no bias against it.