• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATTN:Horror Heads; Romero's LAND OF THE DEAD out today!

44 posts in this topic

So, any of you horror comic fans going to check this out or what?! Anyone here seen it yet?? Looks very good by the trailer, and is getting outstanding reviews thus far.

I'll probably take the fiancee out to see it soon, if not tonight. insane.gif

Can you say "One Trick Pony"?

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Day of the Dead (1985)

Land of the Dead (2005)

So? What does that have to do with how good, or not, the new movie is?

And Romero has nothing to be ashamed about if these are all he's remembered for. He gave rise to a whole new horror genre that is still going strong over 30 years after his original movie. I bet the majority of directors would give their left nut to have the same legacy...

Jim

Ever see Knightriders? Or Martin? Great little films in their own way. KR is one of my indy favorites.

As for the ponies....what gorgeous gory ponies they are! headbang.gif

Can you say Knightriders? Martin? The Crazies? Creepshow? Two Evil Eyes? Monkey Shines? The Dark Half?

As the last film my co-author and I are covering in our big zombie movie guide book, ZombieMania, we'll be right there seeing it tonight, and probably at least once more next week.

I'm really looking forward to it...i mean hey....Romero created zombie horror...i loved the first 3....

my only gripe is that he seems to have fallen to the dark side and gone with speed zombie horror like Res Evil and the remakes of his older films...

zombies shamble....not run at the olympics....zomblympics?

still.....on my list of movies to see rather than going to something my wife wants to inflict on me this weekend.

Oh, g'wan, you ol' romantic you....

In this case, romance isn't dead -- Romance is seeing the dead!! 27_laughing.gif ... yeahok.gif

Would you believe our first movie date was the remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE??! grin.gif

Oh, and she LOVED the DawnOTD remake, so I don't think I'll have to twist her arm much on this.... it's gonna be "DATE of the DEAD". wink.gif

Can you say "One Trick Pony"?

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Day of the Dead (1985)

Land of the Dead (2005)

Each story built on the previous one.

As each movie comes out the zombie menace gets worse...

Its like saying spiderman 2 is the same as spiderman one justa different villan

Can you say Knightriders? Martin? The Crazies? Creepshow? Two Evil Eyes? Monkey Shines? The Dark Half?

As the last film my co-author and I are covering in our big zombie movie guide book, ZombieMania, we'll be right there seeing it tonight, and probably at least once more next week.

Cool! Are you going back to the roots with WHITE ZOMBIE (1932), KING OF THE ZOMBIES (1941), I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE (1943), REVENGE OF THE ZOMBIES (1943)?

You WILL lettuce know when the book is out, right? thumbsup2.gif

Oh, g'wan, you ol' romantic you....

In this case, romance isn't dead -- Romance is seeing the dead!! 27_laughing.gif ... yeahok.gif

Would you believe our first movie date was the remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE??! grin.gif

Oh, and she LOVED the DawnOTD remake, so I don't think I'll have to twist her arm much on this.... it's gonna be "DATE of the DEAD". wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Hey, my wife is a boxer, so I'm not one to talk about unconventional dates....

headbang.gif

Whens it comming out and where can I get a copy. I love zombie movies