• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "I hate Marvel" Thread....Top 10!

14 posts in this topic

Ok folks, this is the official I hate Marvel thread, so lets get on with the thrashing.....

This isn't a complete list because I want others to add their own!

Without further Ado

1. Cheap Azz Covers!

2. The whole Anime art!

3. The whole clone saga

4. Flooding the modern market with sucky titles!

5. "Oh cool, A #1!" "It will be worth hundreds...oh wait, it is only Vol. 2!"

6. If he is dead leave him dead! (Whole Hobey, Harry Green Gobey deal)

#10. Almost single handedly killing the Comic Book Hobby!

Fill in the rest!

grin.gif

-Jeremy-

Flooding the modern market with sucky titles!

Not everything can be as good as Prophet and Youngblood. smirk.gif

Hey! Now...... Prophet ruled...youngblood...I could do without! Gee how did you know?

Prophet was the only Image title I liked. I just recently discovered how much Leifeld's art sucked! His style is all over X-men and a few other Marvel titles. I couldn't believe how much his youngblood looked like so many other characters from when he worked over on Marvel.

I really got into the artwork in Prophet when Stephen Platt did it.

-Jeremy- grin.gif

Jeremy, what a fantastic thread! grin.gif Let me take a stab:

-Renumbering / New Volumes of all titles

-Continually raising prices of new books to disuade new readers

-Lack of creativity (I know that this is subject here, but I would like to draw to your attention the entire Ultimates line, Origin, and Truth. Ultimates is turning out to be a modern day lot of stories with no regard to the past history of the characters, if you honestly tell me that you think that Origin was a good story you are just lying, and the Truth is just dragging and could have been a 3 part mini series max)

-Lack of respect for their customers in terms of their ordering policy via diamond

-screwing with Stan Lee over his money. I am a big fan of Stan and he deserves his fair share of his intellectual property.

Even though I like DC characters more than Marvel, these are my thoughts. I think that there is some objective truth to them. Also, all of my points of contention are occurring now, I didn't even bother to mention such great stuff as the Clone Wars or the 14 part Maximum Carnage storyline. grin.gif

DAM

I've always been a Marvel fan and never really like DC comics as a kid. this bias has stuck through the years, but my recent run-in with Marvel Subscriptions leaves me thinking I might never buy a Marvel comic again.

which is a pity because Spider-Man is my favourite character ever. but JMS can't write a decent Spidey story to save himself.

after waiting 4 months to receive my subscriptions, I emailed their support. never heard back. emailed them back threatening fraud charges if I found they had billed me. they replied to that and told me that the card had been declined.

they couldn't tell me this sooner????

and when I asked for a fax number to send the details thru again... guess what?? Marvel doesn't have a fax machine!

so I told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

oh and another thing I hate about marvel. Ultimate Spider-Man completely destroyed the Spider-Man I know and love.

I haven't read any other Ultimates, but I dread to think.

I'm now subscribing to a bunch of DC titles that I've never read before.

so thank you Marvel. you did it to yourselves.

I gotta get some rest.