• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

A belated thanks to oldnewcomicguy for the first issues of Miracleman. It is a great series. Now I just have to track down the rest...

If when you have read them you decide to pass them on, I am also looking for a set.

In fact anyone out there who is looking to offload the run (don't have to be NM) shoot me a PM. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

A belated thanks to oldnewcomicguy for the first issues of Miracleman. It is a great series. Now I just have to track down the rest...

If when you have read them you decide to pass them on, I am also looking for a set.

In fact anyone out there who is looking to offload the run (don't have to be NM) shoot me a PM. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

In the unlikely event I put a set together soon, I will let you know as soon as I am done with it. thumbsup2.gif

What I'm shocked at is how much my Gaiman set is already getting on ebay. Selling 17-24 (nice grades) and already near $250?? I wasn't expecting half that. Has the series been hot lately or something?

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Is that raw?

yep, ended at 260, all books raw. Dickameoba bid on my set as well so that bodes well for you Ewan. Buyer hasn't paid yet though, which is a little worrying although it hasn't been too too long yet.

Damn. I sure wish I had the trades. I'd sell my set.

Most of the comics coming out today are [embarrasing lack of self control]. Fans are starting to notice that they can buy awesome silner and bronze age back issues for the same price as the new [embarrasing lack of self control]. I agree the Bronze and silverage stuff have been heating up + alot of the new comics are giving new life to older characters. Look at DC identity crisis, they are using characters that haven't been used in 20 years. Most kids never even heard of them, at my comic store I was like an old fart (I'm 32) because I knew about all the old characters....haha I was a hero for a day.

All the older comics that are great reads have been selling well. I have a Sin City lot up now that is at $200, people are willing to pay decent coin for harder to find old good reads.

Edited by kidcolt

That's a good point. I might just do the quick read and flip. The problem is, if I end up liking the series as much as I think I will, I will want to keep them. foreheadslap.gif

Quit draggin' your feet already and pony up! sumo.gif

One of the few series that is actually "worth it". cool.gif

I know, I know! I think we talked about this series like 6 months ago and I still haven't picked it up. Christo_pull_hair.gif

If you REALLY want to read them, PM me and maybe I'll let you BORROW a set of mine 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

K

Damn. I sure wish I had the trades. I'd sell my set.

I guess no-one has doubles as I have not received a single PM offering to sell me a set. frown.gif

Too hard to dig them out of the boxes. My moderns are, shall we say, organizationally challenged.

FYI - The complete set I was selling closed at an amazing £229.99 (about $460) !!! 893whatthe.gif

This was quite a bit more than I expected!

But they were nice copies.

Fortunately, the buyer also paid immediately and emailed me to say....

"Miracleman arrived this morning and I just wanted to say how

pleased I am with them. The packaging was brilliant (took me 10

minutes to get in to them!) and they are in amazing condition"

smile.gif

Looks like MM is hotting up... again...

If you REALLY want to read them, PM me and maybe I'll let you BORROW a set of mine 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

If you really want to just READ them, there's always BitTorrent. Normally I wouldn't mention it because I WANT people to buy comics to read, but the rights holders get exactly the same amount of money from a back issue sale that they do from BT= $0.00 Paying collector prices to simply read a story because there's no legit outlet to buy the books? That officially sucks.

BT is how I have my only "copy" of Flex Mentallo.

If someone really does want a set, I've got one for sale that's going on eBay this week- most books VF/NM or (much) better. PM me to stop the eBay listing.

FYI - The complete set I was selling closed at an amazing £229.99 (about $460) !!! 893whatthe.gif

This was quite a bit more than I expected!

But they were nice copies.

Fortunately, the buyer also paid immediately and emailed me to say....

"Miracleman arrived this morning and I just wanted to say how

pleased I am with them. The packaging was brilliant (took me 10

minutes to get in to them!) and they are in amazing condition"

smile.gif

Looks like MM is hotting up... again...

Damn... well done insane.gifgrin.gif

our friend grassy-knoll on ebay has 100 book lots for $109.00 plus less expensive shipping, one of the lots (# 16,17,or 18) has MM 16-22 in multiples like 6 copies of 18 and so forth. It's worth it to check it out!

Edited by Dr_Neff

I'd seen this lot previously - the problem is the rest of the bulk is generally unsaleable - so $150 all to England would be slightly too much. Still, I'd like to have those books.

In terms of earlier post, I just bought another near complete set for around $200 - probably over-priced considering they're likely to be in the FN-VF range only. We'll see.The lot I sold for $460 on reflection was probably some of the nicest copies I've seen in a long time. I regret selling the no.20 variant a little.

I also just bought 15,17 and 20 in CGC 9.8 for close to $845. 893whatthe.gif Expensive I know, but I want a super high-grade run!

I also just bought 15,17 and 20 in CGC 9.8 for close to $845. 893whatthe.gif Expensive I know, but I want a super high-grade run!

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Awesome Ewan! Pricey? Yes. But, hard to find those copies in such uber-grade. I salute you! thumbsup2.gif

this title/series is already labeled as a "classic/must have one" and therefore will keep on a high note for some time...and even if there are some reprintings in the near future i doubt that it will bring the price down (there's always a lot of people looking for this stories).

regards