• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Gaiman did a signing here in town Monday night and someone asked about Mircaleman. Apparently, the court battles aren't over due to a bankruptcy proceding (I don't know of who), and they ordered that nothing could be reprinted, or new product created or anything until its resolved. So this'll probably keep things status quo (and prices strong) for some time to come. Gaiman did say he wanted to write more MM stories, though, so maybe sometime in the second term of the Rodham-Clinton administration we'll see something.

Gaiman did a signing here in town Monday night and someone asked about Mircaleman. Apparently, the court battles aren't over due to a bankruptcy proceding (I don't know of who), and they ordered that nothing could be reprinted, or new product created or anything until its resolved. So this'll probably keep things status quo (and prices strong) for some time to come. Gaiman did say he wanted to write more MM stories, though, so maybe sometime in the second term of the Rodham-Clinton administration we'll see something.

I....HATE....MCFARLANE..

I hope he's having the time of his life in bankruptcy court right now...

Thanks for the update! Been waiting to hear word on this situation.

Sigh....really would love to read the Silver Age Conclusion. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would too - issue 24 ended on such a strange note. I really would have like to seen where this arc would have gone.

Have Gaiman/Moore/et. al ever discussed what would be the arc after that (other than the obvious title, "Bronze Age"). Wouldn't their rule have to fall at some point? It is truly a shame that we may never (or it may be several years more) until we find out.

Thanks! - Keith

Edited by pkveronese

I'm almost positive I've heard that Gaiman has the SA arc scripted thru. I'm sure he's got an idea on where he wants to take it from there.

I'd guess that the BA arc would deal with "the fall". I'm sure Moore had some input as he hand-picked Gaiman to follow him.

Who knows? ' McFarlane! mad.gif Thank goodness that tool never tried to do anything w/ the character.

Have you all heard any more about the Image 10th Anniversary Hardcover that's finally being solicited this month? I heard McFarlane had decided that he could at least put Moran in it. Here is a paragraph about it from Comic Book Resources (http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=litg&article=2203) from August 2005:

"The Image Tenth Anniversary Hardcover edition, featuring work on Spawn, Dragon, Cyberforce and Shadowhawk by their original creators, has finally been scheduled again for November, over three years after its original due date.

Originally planned for 2002, the volume was to have featured 100 pages of stories from the remaining Image founders in hardcover for $25. Although Larsen and Valentino were said to have finished their stories in time, both McFarlane and Silvestri had a number of production delays. The Shadowhawk story has already been printed. McFarlane's story is said to feature Marvelman/Miracleman, something Neil Gaiman's lawyers will eye with interest, and the Savage Dragon story features the character's origin. "

That darn McFarlane.

There's a MM no.15 in CGC 9.8 on ebay now with a BIN of just $299 - looks like a good seller too. I think that's a very reasonable price and would buy it myself if I hadn't just bought one from someone else (for $450!)

Only problem is that there seems to be an absolute ton of high grade copies out there with 180 copies showing up on the CGC census with a good number of these 9.4 and higher. The scarce notation in the OS guide for this book is totally misleading and should really be deleted.

Any idea what the GPA numbers are for this book?

There are a lot of no.15s graded yes (12 in 9.8!) - but IMO that's due to the 'bandwagoning' around the book. no.15 originally became very popular simply because of the power and brilliance of the STORY - then that high demand created artificial scarcity - thus the eventual price-rise - and the "scarce" label has stuck ever since.

I think around 12,000 were printed - so it's hardly rare but it certainly has 'relative' scarcity to the earlier issues in the run. (i.e. no.1 had 125,000 printed).

No.16, all the Golden Age issues and especially 23 and 24 had even smaller print-runs than no.15.

Try getting no.23 above 9.4 - you won't!

No.23 and 24 will shoot up if The Silver age is ever completed.

Hey Lou,

GPA for this is roughly $350 to $375 for the book in 9.8. Its an ok price at $299, but I'm not sure if I'd do it.

Here's some recent ebay action for RAW copies...

MM 15 VF $117

MM 15 NM $102

MM 15 NM $102

MM 15 NM $100

MM 15 CGC 8.0 $77

MM 15 VF $76

MM 15 NM $75

MM 15 NM $70

MM 15 VF $60

MM 15 FN $47

MM 15 FN $32

others....

$460 MM 1-24 NM

$330 MM 1-24 NM

$306 Book 3 TPB NM

$295 MM 1-24 NM

$290 Book 1-4 TPB NM

$240 Book 3 TPB VF

$240 MM 1-24 FN

$189 Book 1 Hardback NM

$185 Book 1-4 Hardback (facsimiles!)

$150 Warrior 1-26 FN

I was amazed someone would pay $185 for what were essentially photo-copies! (Though nicely done!)

I'm almost positive I've heard that Gaiman has the SA arc scripted thru. I'm sure he's got an idea on where he wants to take it from there.

I'd guess that the BA arc would deal with "the fall". I'm sure Moore had some input as he hand-picked Gaiman to follow him.

Who knows? ' McFarlane! mad.gif Thank goodness that tool never tried to do anything w/ the character.

The Silver Age was scripted up to Issue 26. According to the interviews in the Kimota book, the final book would be set in the far future and called The Dark Age... somewhat more appealing than the McFarlane Age!

Try getting no.23 above 9.4 - you won't!...

Maybe YOU won't, but I have 5 raw 9.4's and 2 raw 9.6's that wait silently for the MM explosion that is destined to come 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Ask October(Andy), he's seen them. SHARP, SHARP, SHARP 893whatthe.gif

K

Maybe YOU won't, but I have 5 raw 9.4's and 2 raw 9.6's that wait silently for the MM explosion that is destined to come 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

K

I KNEW you were going to chime in when he said that! 27_laughing.gif

Yes, I have seen them and yes, they are VERY sharp. I don't remember if I looked at them closely, but I do recall they were all at least NM. Was one of those in the batch you set aside after the pre-screen?

K

Yes, I have seen them and yes, they are VERY sharp. I don't remember if I looked at them closely, but I do recall they were all at least NM. Was one of those in the batch you set aside after the pre-screen?

As I carefully thumb through my HORDE of FUNNYBOOKS, I sense....yes I can feel it.....1 stunning copy of MM #23 soon to be sent off to CGC and returned to me as the CREME DE LA CREME....THE HIGHEST GRADED...THE TOP CENSUS COPY 893whatthe.gif PUT IT ON THE BOARRRRD......YES!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

K

As I carefully thumb through my HORDE of FUNNYBOOKS, I sense....yes I can feel it.....1 stunning copy of MM #23 soon to be sent off to CGC and returned to me as the CREME DE LA CREME....THE HIGHEST GRADED...THE TOP CENSUS COPY 893whatthe.gif PUT IT ON THE BOARRRRD......YES!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

...unless it gets damaged like your Primer 2 in paltry 9.0! 893whatthe.gif

K

This cannot be allowed to happen! 893whatthe.gif

But how sharp is sharp??? Could you shave with it??? Perhaps you should try! insane.gif

K

But how sharp is sharp??? Could you shave with it??? Perhaps you should try! insane.gif

If they do restart Miracleman (with reprint rights to make trade paperbacks of the previously published issues), what do you think the individual issue prices

will do? I've kinda always thought they would soften a little, since a good amount of people buying these issues are buying them to read first, and collect second. I'm not saying the will soften much, but I would think the demand would decrease a little. What do you guys think.

K

If I WERE to use it in the form of a razor, I'd be afraid I'd dull it down to a paltry 9.2 and that just won't do sir, no, that just won't do!!! wink.gif893naughty-thumb.gifgrin.gif

If they do restart Miracleman (with reprint rights to make trade paperbacks of the previously published issues), what do you think the individual issue prices

will do? I've kinda always thought they would soften a little, since a good amount of people buying these issues are buying them to read first, and collect second. I'm not saying the will soften much, but I would think the demand would decrease a little. What do you guys think.

I'm back and forth on this. I understand your arguement. Heck, it's perfectly logical - demand is high for collectors and readers. The only way you can read it is to buy the issues.

On the other hand, I think the prices tend to keep people from buying it and seeing how wonderful it truly is (like that cheap-arse Andy poke2.giftongue.gif). Once the trades are available and people can read the story on the cheap, they may want to assemble the run and drive prices even higher.

I have a friend who he has the entire issue 25 photocopies from Mark Buckingham that would have finished out the Silver Age, so, yes, it was completed and was ready to go before Eclipse went bankrupt. I don't think there was an issue 26, though, because the story was wrapped up in No. 25, or so the photocopies would make you think.