• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage- Don’t use bid Protection!
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Just got off the phone with Heritage as I recently lost an item due to their bid Protection not working. Was advised not to use it by them. Too confusing and doesn’t work. Anyone else have stories about this so called feature? Wondering why they don’t just get rid of it. Was told it was an old throwback to how they used to do business. (?) I was sniped by a cut bid which is just the scenario this feature is supposed to overcome. Oh well, but I am curious if anyone has used this feature successfully?

I tried it out yesterday on a lot my wife was sort of interested in, as I've never trusted it enough to use it for anything I was after. I lost the lot (by a few bids), but I couldn't tell that the bid protection actually worked. My guess (now) is that it probably didn't. Sorry to hear it may have knocked you out of a purchase.