• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to ship a whole box of cgc comics

4 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jeffreyk said:

Hi,

i will I’ll be shipping several cgc boxes of comics.  Can anyone help me with the best way to pack them so they arrive safely.  I have shipped 1 or 2  books so far, but never a whole box.

thanks, 

jeff

I often reuse the box they ship them to me in.  Not foolproof, obviously, because probably one out of every four or five boxes they send me has a cracked slab (or two).  But it's certainly the easiest approach. 

I do this:

1. Buy a box from Office Depot. In the 21 1/2 x 15 x 12, you can get two stacks of slabs side by side.
  2. buy some packing peanuts and bubble wrap
  3. put a piece of cardboard on the bottom
  4. put a layer of peanuts on top of this
  5. I wrap five slabs together at a time by folding each into bubble wrap. I fold cardboard in on the 4th and 5th slab, creating a cardboard shell. This has one layer of bubble wrap between each slab, then cardboard on the outside, then a final wrap of bubble wrap.
  6. Seat the bundle on the peanuts. Then I put a piece of cardboard on top of that. Then another bundle. Remember, I have two stacks going, side by side.
  7. Then, I put a sheet of cardboard on each end of the box and between the two stacks. These are upright to provide structural support against crush damage.
  8. I fill in with peanuts as I go.
  9. Add bundles as you can, but leave 3-4 inches at the top for peanuts, then bubble wrap (big bubbles here if I have any laying around), then a cardboard piece.
  10. then plenty of heavy duty shipping tape
  11. I have sent loads of slabs to ComicLink this way without problem via USPS

Edited by DavidTheDavid