• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Chance It?

12 posts in this topic

No. The auction even speculates that the book has restoration. The seller has little feedback. I seem to have little trouble finding enough relatively secure outlets for my collecting dollars, and so would never take a risk on something like this.

Judging from the scan the book definitely looks trimmed, and probably cleaned and pressed - the colors look faded and the comic does look pancaked.

There could be professional color touching, too. All in all not worth the risk - the seller shouldn't really fudge the resto issue on such a major book.

No way.

I love the "I am not a professional inspector/grader i can't guarantee it will come back from CGC unrestored or in the grade I have given it" disclaimer.

Uh, yeah.

He's also got a GS X-Men 1 that is either miscut or has a poor trim job.

Linky

No way.

I love the "I am not a professional inspector/grader i can't guarantee it will come back from CGC unrestored or in the grade I have given it" disclaimer.

Uh, yeah.

He's also got a GS X-Men 1 that is either miscut or has a poor trim job.

Linky

That book looks like a miscut rather than a trim. Very hard to trim those squarebounds, anyway.......

Looks trimmed to me.

Where? I think the back drop in those photos makes it the lines look off but I think the book is fine.

Are you joking? The book is trimmed on all three edges.