• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Everett!!

73 posts in this topic

Venus 17 is probably my all-time favorite Everett issue. Great cover and stories, led by Cartoonist Calamity that you picture. I've always felt that the character he introduces at the end of that story is another attempt to bring back Subby.

The only other story (that I'm aware of) that is as wild as CC, is in Namora 2 -- and, like Venus 17, it's a very tough book to find.

Probably the height of Everett's creativity is on display in the "Venus" issues he did.

venus17.jpg

venus17a.jpg

I need to add this to my want list...

Ev did only 3 covers for this title, and they're all pretty nice. The #25 strikes me as atypical for Everett, and it is, as far as I can see, unsigned; still, Overstreet attributes it to Everett, and I feel confident that he got it right.

ait13.jpg

ait21.jpg

ait25.jpg

Graet books, That # 25 though I'm not so sure that is Everett. It could be , but look at the figure of the man , I'm not so sure. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif That's a tough one!!!! Whoever did it , it's still a cool cover. What do the rest of you guy's think??? P. S.The creatures look like something Bill would have created , but I'm still not sure!!!

Relying on Overstreet can be slippery! Overstreet attributes the cover of Marvel Tales 27 to Everett, and says nothing about #26. If either cover is Everett's, I believe #26 is. Check Gerber's Photo Journal for #27 and see what you think.

mt26.jpg

Relying on Overstreet can be slippery! Overstreet attributes the cover of Marvel Tales 27 to Everett, and says nothing about #26. If either cover is Everett's, I believe #26 is. Check Gerber's Photo Journal for #27 and see what you think.

mt26.jpg

Now there is a cover you don't see too often. I think it just jumped on to my want list.

Personally,# 26 definately looks like Everett to these eyes!! # 27 from what I see ,looks like Schomburg,both great covers though. I like the # 26, a little better though!! smile.gif

I've posted this in the past ,but it's a great Everett cover that needs to be seen. One of his best IMO!!! Vol.2 # 2. BTW John Verzyl has a VF copy coming up in his latest auction, boggles the mind ,because these kind'a books are hard to find in any grade!!! cloud9.gif

scan0004.jpg

Puny:

Nice seminal Everett art on that AMF 2-2. I agree wholeheartedly with you on the Amazing Mystery Funnies; they are such nice collections of early comic art that appear so infrequently that any one is a book to treasure! I haven't seen the copy in Verzyl's auction; Maybe I'll chase it if I can get a pass on my mortgage for a month or so.

I also agree with your assessment of MT 26 (Everett) and 27 (Schomburg).

While we wait for Overstreet's reconsideration, here's a pair of Ev's better (IMO) war covers.

Bump??

ma14.jpg

nc10.jpg

That Navy Combat cover is great. Everrett really did alot of nice post-code covers for Atlas. It's too bad Stan Lee didn't have him do some pre-hero monster covers.

I've posted this in the past ,but it's a great Everett cover that needs to be seen. One of his best IMO!!! Vol.2 # 2. BTW John Verzyl has a VF copy coming up in his latest auction, boggles the mind ,because these kind'a books are hard to find in any grade!!! cloud9.gif

scan0004.jpg

Wouldn't hitting the pilotless bomb make it go off? Maybe not the wisest course of action. confused-smiley-013.gif