• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No, I don't have it anymore...

49 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's still not the $600 that John was asking for it in 1999 on his website.

:cry:

I think it's worth at least $20,000,000 now.

:D

Yeah, I remember seeing pages for sale (1st Miraclewoman stands out) for $450-500.  If only...

A perfectly centered CGC 9.4 Hulk #181 with White Pages and perfect registration.

Bought it in the early 2000's for about $1,850 and needed cash, so I sold it a short while later (maybe a year later?) for about $2,300.

I don't even know what that book is selling for now.  I'm sure it's probably more than I'll ever want to spend on it again.

Ouch.  Horrible topic.  For me it a piece of original art I bought at Comics & Comix when I was 12 with Christmas money, and sold in the 1990s.  I will never forget scraping the white-out off of the right hand margin to uncover Byrne's funny note to Austin; and learning about "visual jokes" when I read the computer screen.  Opened up my eyes to Austin's many jokes in X-Men books.  Alas, I sold it to buy some fine art, which I still have and love, but I wish I had this back for the sentimental value:

ByrneJ_uxm125p2_bw2.jpg

Edited by sfcityduck