• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Basketball at Wizard World Chicago
2 2

32 posts in this topic

I’m in for at least one more year.  Next year my son will be 16 and finally eligible to play. At that point I will pass the reigns to him and spectate!

3 hours ago, HOTFLIPS said:

Not going to lie, watching this video makes me wish i could play again, but like Bob, i got nerve damage as well.  Have fun guys.

That’s all we can hope for at this point. Some fun! No D league scouts coming this year 

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

No D league scouts coming this year 

Speak for yourself. Ever since I dislocated my pinky in Feb. my 3 pointer has returned!

:baiting:

It's looking like we might have a good, full court turnout. I remember the days when only a small handful of guys would show up and we'd play half court 1 on 1 or 2 on 2.

Edited by VintageComics

I’m happy to report everyone walked out on their own two feet. Bedrock tweaked his back and Williams is just old, but the rest faired pretty well

after a slow start, the greg Reece /Roy Delic team of 3 destroyed the 2 undefeated teams back to back to claim the undisputed championship of the world!!! After that it was all downhill lol

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

after a slow start, the greg Reece /Roy Delic team of 3 destroyed the 2 undefeated teams back to back to claim the undisputed championship of the world!!!

:banana:

We had a great turnout.

12 people showed up and we played separate half court games of 3 on 3 and then finished with a 4 on 4 half court game before some decided they couldn't play any longer.

We finished with a 3 point shootout.

Thanks to the chaps below for coming to participate.:

Greg Reece

Austin Reece

Alex Reece

GAtor

Myself

Matt Rybarzic (sp? Sorry Matt)

Stephen Ritter

Doug Schmeel

Mike Halperin (Jim Halerpin's son)

Zeon (GAtor's son in law)

Jeff Williams

and last but CERTAINLY not least (actually, the tallest of us all) Richie Evans / Bedrock City

----------------------------

Honorably mention to Mike Halperin's lady Gabby who cheered us on.