• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF2 ***Grade is in ***
1 1

43 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, kudos to Ned for getting back to us with the grade. I hope Ned realizes any comment I make about the book is no reflection on him. He got a really good grade and nobody can take it away from him. Here's what scares me about some of the loose grading by CGC lately. The valuation on these Vintage books is at an all time high. As a buyer, I want to get my money's worth. I don't want to pay premium prices for overgraded books. I am concerned. I don't think this grade is a one off. 

Hi Bob, you are a truly "Buy the Book Not Label" philosopher. One time, I sold X-Men #100 CGC 9.8 White Pages then few days later, the book was returned because it has a small indentation. I said it to myself, "Really he is serious?"  It's obvious that he prefers the book not label like you. 

Ned asked the person about two FFs on the shelf. Both books sat for long time so Ned decided to buy them. From what I believe is that everyone decided to pass them due to the condition. Maybe the seller gave them grades and prices so they might disagree with the seller's grade and price. Ned has a gut to take them and is lucky to get those grades. 

I know one comic book store in Chicago and 9 out of 10 books were badly overgraded and grossly overpriced. I rarely bought some books from that store.

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

Hi Bob, you are a truly "Buy the Book Not Label" philosopher. One time, I sold X-Men #100 CGC 9.8 White Pages then few days later, the book was returned because it has a small indentation. I said it to myself, "Really he is serious?"  It's obvious that he prefers the book not label like you. 

Ned asked the person about two FFs on the shelf. Both books sat for long time so Ned decided to buy them. From what I believe is that everyone decided to pass them due to the condition. Maybe the seller gave them grades and prices so they might disagree with the seller's grade and price. Ned has a gut to take them and is lucky to get those grades. 

I know one comic book store in Chicago and 9 out of 10 books were badly overgraded and grossly overpriced. I rarely bought some books from that store.

Good story. Now that the valuation of these Vintage books is so high, I think more collectors will be inspecting the books more closely. If someone is buying a 9.8, they expect the book to at least look 'perfect'. How many threads do we see here lately where the newbie buyer is asking about the integrity of his book ? It's gona get worse I tell ya.

13 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Good story. Now that the valuation of these Vintage books is so high, I think more collectors will be inspecting the books more closely. If someone is buying a 9.8, they expect the book to at least look 'perfect'. How many threads do we see here lately where the newbie buyer is asking about the integrity of his book ? It's gona get worse I tell ya.

Stigmatization of OCD perfectionist right now......:screwy: