• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elfquest Art Question

8 posts in this topic

I am looking at piece of Elfquest art from the second trade paperback -- Donning, 1982.  The original Elfquest was printed in b&w comics and then collected in a color version for this TPB.

This page is 8.5 x 11 and nicely painted but it was advertised as being inked and it looks like a photocopy that was painted.  

Does anyone know what size the originals were drawn in?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I am looking at piece of Elfquest art from the second trade paperback -- Donning, 1982.  The original Elfquest was printed in b&w comics and then collected in a color version for this TPB.

This page is 8.5 x 11 and nicely painted but it was advertised as being inked and it looks like a photocopy that was painted.  

Does anyone know what size the originals were drawn in?

Thanks!

Was this the piece sold on eBay last week? I am no expert on EQ publishing history but I think most of the originals were donated with a few of the Marvel reprint covers selling on Heritage. These were 10x15.

I looked on Heritage and CAF and could only find one comparable piece.  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1040159

I did not see any other pages from the first run.

The ones I worked on were the color reprints that came out around 1987--the first few books of the thick color reprints. Aside from the new painted pieces done as covers and interiors, the color for the reprinted pages was cut on overlays, old school.

Wendy and Richard are very active on Facebook. Two places to consider posting:
1) Elfquest Collectors Unite - I'd start here. Lots of expertise.

2) Elfquest - a fan page though Richard is a Moderator. Even more expertise.

3) Elfquest, the official page - this one is run by Richard and a few others. It has some rules to check them first.