• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you grade this TOS 39?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2018 at 1:15 AM, Soundwaves favorite song said:

This book might benefit from a good pressing and go up half a notch ....I think it might score a 4.5 on a lucky day

I'm with what it says on the packet a good solid 4.0. You may be right about the bump, but I think there's too much going on with creases that have broken colour, The tear below the bottom staple looks precarious as well.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'm with what it says on the packet a good solid 4.0. You may be right about the bump, but I think there's too much going on with creases that have broken colour, The tear below the bottom staple looks precarious as well.

I agree with the 4.0. How about that old label from 92 thats some nastalga in its self right there! What was the CGSA? Was it a precursor to the CGC?

36 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I agree with the 4.0. How about that old label from 92 thats some nastalga in its self right there! What was the CGSA? Was it a precursor to the CGC?

Comic Grading Service of America, a sub-division of Pacific Comics helmed by Robert Rotor, back in the early nineties. I sent him a group of books for sample grades....and I also sent them to John Warren , to get his own opinion. It is interesting comparing the two , but they both came out similar on most books.

sorry but I don't think its going to hit those grades. those are large creases on the front and back. were not talking about a 1x3 crease here. those are big front and back. there is also a pretty good size stain in front of his right foot.

2 hours ago, DR.X said:

sorry but I don't think its going to hit those grades. those are large creases on the front and back. were not talking about a 1x3 crease here. those are big front and back. there is also a pretty good size stain in front of his right foot.

Good points for sure...I do offer that I don't see the mentioned stain...in one of the images the bag is up tight against the cover making it look just like a stain but in all of the other images you can see the field around his foot is clean, unless I am just missing it. Most of the issues with the book come down to folds and creases and a talented presser can take a lot of that out, given some time to work on it. I think it will definitely go 4.0-4.5 unless I catch a break and it swings to 5.0 

look just in front of the boot and by the gloves. looks like a stain to me as I can see rippling around the edges unless I'm seeing something else.

iron man.jpg

Edited by DR.X