• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ron Frenz Pencil Prelims to ASM #252 cover for sale
2 2

65 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Mike, what if every time a sketch or drawing you posted was called into question on a public forum - casting doubt on a piece that is absolutely the real deal - and that caused people to doubt what you are selling and caused those pieces not to sell? He could have gone to Frenz first and asked. He could also have gone to Ruben and asked him for the provenance. Soon, no one is going to be able to buy a commission or sketch without it being questioned and that hurts a piece’s value - no matter if, after the doubt is raised, it is determined to be 100% authentic or not. There will always be that lingering doubt and that could be stopped by simply asking the seller and the artist rather than posting a statement that read like he was accusing the piece of being a fake.

Again..... All he did was ask a simple question if this art was authentic........ If i hadnt been familair with ron Frenz art i'd ask this question also ona chat board that talks about comic art.

All you and Malvin had to say was "YES" It was originally owned by frenz.... (which you guys did say) and to me that's the end of the story as his question is now answered.

but I dont see how you and malvin and others are getting on this guy for asking a reasonable question he had?

Has he asked 100 times about this art? if so I stand corrected.....

I've put out lots of Romita prelims over the years and people ask publicly and privately if they are real or not and i say yes (or no..or not sure if i dont own it and it looks wrong),if they are considered drawn by Romita... 

i dont get upset at the person in a public forum asking a legit question by calling him out unless he is saying some very  disparaging remarks about the art 

Just my 2 cents there...and...... HAPPY LABOR DAY TO EVERYONE!!! :)