• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2018 at 11:02 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The "Harmon" part of the OP's username makes me suspicious.

Suspicious about what?? Im new to this just trying to get some serious questions answered if you dont like the name thats your issue not mine and nextime dont respond if you dont have anything positive to say.

5 minutes ago, Harmony said:

Suspicious about what?? Im new to this just trying to get some serious questions answered if you dont like the name thats your issue not mine and nextime dont respond if you dont have anything positive to say.

That's the spirit H. You tell em :headbang:

On 9/19/2018 at 10:41 AM, Harmony said:
On 8/31/2018 at 11:02 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The "Harmon" part of the OP's username makes me suspicious.

Whoa! Holster that tongue pardner. He was making an inside joke. 

Grading is subjective.

There is only one way for you to be able to "trust" the grading system.

Basically you will need to learn some of the grading standards so that when someone that you are looking to sell books to or buy books from tells you a book is a certain grade and you ask them how they arrived at that grade and they show/tell you the defects they see that puts that book in that grade you will know what they are referring to and how they reached that conclusion.

You can purchase the Overstreet Grading Guide which has detailed photo's or do research online as to the grading standards and terminology used to describe comic book condition.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:41 AM, Harmony said:

Your questions are much too vague to allow us to give you serious answers. In general, as with all things, some will try and take advantage of you. Tell us what you are trying to accomplish, get books graded, sell a collection, and you will be surprised at the good advice coming forward. Otherwise, from the title of your thread to the vague question you asked, it appears you are not on the level to us. Sorry.