• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is radica1967?

20 posts in this topic

I've been keeping track of this guy from Australia and in the past year, he has purchased over 2500 CGC mostly books! And I'm talking hefty prices here. I can't beat him on anything. And I'm talking CGC books that go for around 30 bucks, I've put 50 (one time 70) and he still outbids you. I'm sure there is somebody out there that is having the same problem.

The guy has a whole bunch of positives and no negatives, so I know he's great to deal with. Especially to the dealers because he's paying top dollar for the books. I'm just trying to figure out who he is. Cause he's obviously got some bucks to spend. I think it's Nicholas Cage trying to buy back his collection. Either that or some rich guy that just decided to be every 70's and 80's high grade book out there.

I have gotten into a couple bidding wars with him. Most of which he ends up outbidding me, but he just raises the cost for himself. I did manage to win a couple books that he and I went after.

If you want a comic real bad then you have to determine your absolute highest bid you are willing to make then snipe it. If you are outbid by radica then it doesn't matter because you bid the most you were willing to bid. Even if he outbids you on say an xmen 173 then the next one that comes out he won't be bidding on and you may even get it cheaper. Patience young padawan. Learn the force.

i've been outbid mainly on stuff that is reasonably priced, 9.4 - 9.6 70's/early 80's magazines that don't sell for much over the cost of slabbing.

i guess he figures that "value" of comic + cost of slab + a couple of bucks, give or take, is a reasonable way to bid (saves the trouble of finding the comics to send in for encapsulation).

maybe he's trying to become THE slab source in Australia?

Believe radica is bidding on most of the HG "Edgewater" Iron Man books. I probably won't bother. PGX might not be CGC, but if they call it a 9.6, its got to at least be somewhat nice.

If you want a comic real bad then you have to determine your absolute highest bid you are willing to make then snipe it. If you are outbid by radica then it doesn't matter because you bid the most you were willing to bid. Even if he outbids you on say an xmen 173 then the next one that comes out he won't be bidding on and you may even get it cheaper. Patience young padawan. Learn the force.

foreheadslap.gif Here's a guy with 240 posts telling me how to bid on EBay. 27_laughing.gif Jedi you kill me.

Radica buys everything. He likes to buy in big batches from the same seller to save on import costs. I had a list of 12 auctions up, mix of good and "oops" DC CGCs. He won them all.

He appears to be a comics importer - no doubt big time.

I know about putting your highest bid down so if you're outbid, you may get it cheaper the second go around. The problem is, when is second go around? You check the CGC census on a CGC graded Hulk 226, 239, 259, etc. It's not very many. Which makes it frustrating becuase it may be years before you find that book again. Then again, it's what makes collecting so much fun.