• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery 83 CGC 5.0 Switched label??
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2018 at 7:19 AM, tabcom said:
On 10/16/2018 at 5:07 AM, kav said:

no no no dont give him a heads up let the investigation unfold.

What investigation? What do you realistically think is going to happen?

i'm skeptical CGC has a precedent in place to resolve this.

Ultimately, it has to be a buyer of one of his counterfeit auctions that must initiate a legal investigation.

What I'm suggesting is that the next time he lists an item that appears to be tampered with,

someone should post it here before bidding is closed and EVERYONE report it as a fraudulent listing. 

Care to re-assess?

4 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

These boards have some sharp-eyed, knowledgeable people.  Ebay should hire some of them as 'secret shoppers' , an in-house bunko squad.

And the op should get a reward.  

Twer'ent nuthin! Though I was the OP of this thread, the only reason I noticed and started to delve into it was because a fellow boardie posted about it, calling my attention to it in another thread. I started this thread after reading his post, so the JIM 83 would be given it's own due. I caught the pass and ran the ball down the field. But it was a forum collaborative effort.

We see something, we say something.. a heads up for collectors, board members or to advise and assist someone googling intel about a particular seller or item. This members of this forum and the threads contain the most concentrated, comprehensive storehouse of knowledge in the hobby. I can't even begin to imagine how many consumers have been helped in some way by referencing it.

Edited by James J Johnson

7 hours ago, tabcom said:

Not yet.

We still don't know if it was a grassroots community level campaign to expose him or the gravitas of CGC legal might.

Well we do know that for past ebay miscreants grass roots reporting only led to items being removed by ebay.  Never seen a grass roots reporting by board members lead to ebay banning.  If a listing gets a certain number of reports for 'you suspect this listing is fraudulent' it gets removed, probably by automatic process.  There cant be any investigation because nowhere can you state reason for fraud.  On the other hand Mark Zaid did state "I assure you that CGC is absolutely investigating this situation and taking every step possible within our power, to include being in direct contact with Ebay officials, to ensure it does not happen again. We take very seriously any attempt or effort to tamper with our product and most certainly to use our good name to defraud unsuspecting buyers."

Edited by kav