• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Booth Interaction

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a 9.8 Army of Darkness comic that I want to take to a Event to have signed. CGC has a booth there from what I saw, My question is, If I take it up there still sealed, will the CGC booth pop it so that I can have it signed by a actor and then send it in for SS? Would I have to try and pop it myself up there? Or am I better off getting CGC to follow me with a entirely new comic to have signed?

I think facilitators and cgc do charge a small fee, $10, to pop cases. If it is yellow label already then you need 1 of these 2 to do it for it to remain a yellow label (Signature Series). If it is only a blue universal label and you don't mind the $10 charge, I'd still go with having 1 of the 2 (cgc or a facilitator) to pop it for you, as cases can be a bit tricky sometimes to pop.

I hope that it remains a 9.8 :foryou:

Post back the results :whee:

40 minutes ago, ExodusGear said:

friendly bump.

18 hours ago, ExodusGear said:

Hello, I have a 9.8 Army of Darkness comic that I want to take to a Event to have signed. CGC has a booth there from what I saw, My question is, If I take it up there still sealed, will the CGC booth pop it so that I can have it signed by a actor and then send it in for SS? Would I have to try and pop it myself up there? Or am I better off getting CGC to follow me with a entirely new comic to have signed?

FYI, if it’s for Bruce Campbell you might want to check to see if he’ll sign the book in question before you crack it out. I seem to recall that he wouldn’t sign certain comics because of some dispute (can’t remember the specifics, though they may be searchable).

If you value the 9.8 grade MORE than you value the signature - then Just don't. Do not crack your 9.8. Because there is a fairly decent chance of a grade drop and virtually no chance of grade improvement. Go buy a NM'ish looking raw copy just to get a signature. 

If you'd be fine with your unsigned CGC 9.8 turning into a signed 9.4/9.6 - then sure. Go for it.  

I believe that if CGC is at the show they will unslab your book for you. I don't know if there is a charge for such and I'm not 100% for certain they will unslab it for you. But I believe I have read before that they will. 

Yeah I saw the post link to the other forum. Not going to pop it in that case I'm just taking one of the other ones that I have and only reason in doing that is cuz I already spent the $350 pre purchasing on the autographs. And I don't believe there are refunds. Soooo wish me luck, maybe if I cry and sob he will feel sorry for me, but I really want that comic in my collection.