• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on his visit to the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Con 13-14 September 2018

17 posts in this topic

The Leader is due for a radiation "tune-up".  "Horrors of War" was a 1938 set of gum cards.  It was not done in the 1960s nor was it done by Norman Saunders.  

The Leader may well be thinking of "Battle" - a series done in the 1960s.  Norman Saunders was an artist for that series.

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

The Leader is due for a radiation "tune-up".  "Horrors of War" was a 1938 set of gum cards.  It was not done in the 1960s nor was it done by Norman Saunders.  

The Leader may well be thinking of "Battle" - a series done in the 1960s.  Norman Saunders was an artist for that series.

Thank you. I'll make the correction.

I would mention how much I enjoy these reports, but the_Leader_knows ……… GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

As per usual, very cool.

Old toys, cards, pulps and movie posters.  What's not to like?
I had the 007 electric drawing set and used it as a light table to trace comics.  It was instrumental in elevating my drawing career as a child.
I wish I would'a kept my '66 Marvel bubble gum cards, and that I didn't plaster my bedroom door with the Marvel sticker cards.  But it did make for a cool door. 

Thanks again for the report!

edit addendum: when the bulb in the 007 drawing table burned out, I replaced it with a 15-25 W bulb (as I remember) but later I used a much higher wattage bulb (likely out of necessity) and it ended up melting the plastic drawing surface when I left it unattended for awhile.  Kids.

Edited by Unca Ben