• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Things Comics, UPDATE

58 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, jcjames said:

The "Revised Feedback" indicates how many buyers have removed their negative feedback, supposedly this indicates the efforts of the seller to accommodate the unhappy buyer. It doesn't say why the buyer left negative fb in the first place, it just indicates the seller must have made an effort to get the seller to remove the neg.

True, but you have to be careful with that, because 1. it doesn't include counts for fb that was removed by eBay (which is the usual course of action for angry sellers), and 2. it could indicate feedback that was left by mistake with the wrong rating, or even just neutral fb that was changed.

If someone has multiple revised fb, though, that's a red flag. It usually indicates a seller who angers buyers enough to leave neg/neut fb in the first place, and then either bribes them or coerces them to revise it. 

Patterns...it's always in the patterns...

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

I check the feedback on all my buyers. If I determine that they have too many negs, I cancel the sale & refund.

negs as a seller?

Edited by kav

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

As for your claim that there are "buyers that go on a buying frenzy and leave dozens of unpaid sellers on the hook"...you'll have to both prove that's true (it isn't), and prove that eBay did nothing to stop those buyers (they do.)

I'm not going to argue just for the sake of arguing. Use the search engine. I don't have to prove anything. The forum itself cites numerous examples of this, testimonials from well-respected sellers whose word usually goes typically unchallenged and would have no reason to lie, as do I.

The posts in those threads usually go something like this:

"Does anyone know X? X won 6 of my auctions and never paid". Then someone chimes in, "Yeah, I know him. He didn't pay me either". Then someone else, "Me too. On my blocked list now, he did it to me more than once".

Use the search engine. I'm not wasting my time to prove something to you that's a routinely seen matter of forum record and easily found. In fact, those "my blocked bidders list" threads most commonly cite chronic non-payment issues as the reason for blocking. And then the delinquent buyers change their ID and do it again, and again, and again. "He was X, and now he's Y". "His handle was T when he did it to me this month, it must be his new ID".Then discussion ensues about why ebay allows buyers who don't pay to then use other IDs or start new ones to keep doing the same thing.

Please take a look before you come back to me with more arguments about how little I know about anything and everything. It's boring, unnecessary, and counter productive for the forum. .

Edited by James J Johnson

56 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I'm not going to argue just for the sake of arguing. Use the search engine. I don't have to prove anything. The forum itself cites numerous examples of this, testimonials from well-respected sellers whose word usually goes typically unchallenged and would have no reason to lie, as do I.

"Does anyone know X? X won 6 of my auctions and never paid". Then someone chimes in, "Yeah, I know him. He didn't pay me either". Then someone else, "Me too. On my blocked list now, he did it to me more than once".

Use the search engine. I'm not wasting my time to prove something to you that's a routinely seen matter of forum record and easily found. In fact, those "my blocked bidders list" threads most commonly cite chronic non-payment issues as the reason for blocking. And then the delinquent buyers change their ID and do it again, and again, and again. "He was X, and now he's Y". "His handle was T when he did it to me this month, it must be his new ID".Then discussion ensues about why ebay allows buyers who don't pay to then use other IDs or start new ones to keep doing the same thing.

Please take a look before you come back to me with more arguments about how little I know about anything and everything. It's boring, unnecessary, and counter productive for the forum. .

I have to agree from the many threads I've seen discussing this that it appears that zero consequences happens from buyers that thrill bid.  Zero.  If someone has internal data from ebay that negates that I would luv to hear about it.  It baffles me that someone could be oblivious to this.

Edited by kav

11 minutes ago, kav said:

I have to agree from the many threads I've seen discussing this that zero consequences happens from buyers that thrill bid.  Zero.  If someone has internal data from ebay that negates that I would luv to hear about it.  

If I ever decide to sell on ebay, I've already got a blocked bidders list implemented, compiled and updated regularly using the valuable information provided by the ebay-selling members here who thankfully, have taken the time to share their blocked bidder's list contents here on this forum. .

Edited by James J Johnson

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

No.

Your contentions are simply untrue. If you don't want the burden of having to prove them, etiquette suggests you not make them, but...this is the CGC board, after all. If the forum cites numerous examples, they should be easy to find.

That said, it is simply untrue that A. eBay allows "buyers that go on a buying frenzy and leave dozens of unpaid sellers on the hook" (despite sellers actually not being "on the hook" for anything if a buyer fails to pay, except some wasted time), and B. eBay does nothing about it. 

And, to the much larger, and much more relevant, point, feedback left for buyers, for the reasons already stated, serves no purpose. The only people in favor of it are those who feel a need to exact a measure of revenge on what they perceive to be a "bad buyer", and that's never a good reason to do anything.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll consider that your concession.  

your narrative is a lie.  lol 

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

Move on, kav.

I'm just exercising 'free and open communication'...you're all for that, right?

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

Move on, kav.

Well I'm just confused tho-you've written volumes about how important 'free and open communication' is-here and elsewhere-but now when I do just that, you want me to stop.  It's just puzzling is all-does all that whining about free communication you did only apply to you?  You can see why this would be a bit baffling, right?  Any self awareness there at all?

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Well I'm just confused tho-you've written volumes about how important 'free and open communication' is-here and elsewhere-but now when I do just that, you want me to stop.  It's just puzzling is all-does all that whining about free communication you did only apply to you?  You can see why this would be a bit baffling, right?  Any self awareness there at all?

Move on, kav.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Any self awareness there at all?

That would be a no then.

WE HAVE A  ^^

trophy_hypocrisy.jpg

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Move on, kav.

You seem determined to have the 'last word' instead of just moving on yourself so go ahead and say move on kav again and we'll just leave it there and your ego will remain undamaged.  Of course now you have a bit of a quandry-if you say 'move on kav' again, you'll be doing what I told you to do-

1 minute ago, kav said:

You seem determined to have the 'last word' instead of just moving on yourself so go ahead and say move on kav again and we'll just leave it there and your ego will remain undamaged.  Of course now you have a bit of a quandry-if you say 'move on kav' again, you'll be doing what I told you to do-

Move on, kav.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Bravo !!:golfclap:

Image result for checkmate gif

9 minutes ago, kav said:

Image result for game set match gif