• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dradake0110 More Jack Kirby autographs than anyone I know

104 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvels-Greatest-Comics-74-Marvel-1977-SIGNED-BY-BOTH-STAN-LEE-AND-JACK-KIRBY/132794539401?hash=item1eeb2bdd89:g:~7cAAOSwjPpbnvBv

Best one yet!

With the forger's typical trademark 'k' in Jack, a "K" drawn so slowly that it's bled twice as thick as any letters of the first name, his trademark "split" b, and a bleeding, slowly drawn 'y'. The baseline is all over the place. Again, it's like "Jack" was writing his name for the first time and was very unsure of himself.

:roflmao:

The book is right out of a bargain box. What I can't understand is how somebody with a brain can do this, stand back, assess, and think, "Oh yeah. I nailed this one. This one will fool everybody", instead of looking at the finished product and shredding it?

what I wish is that CGC would authenticate pre-existing autographs. How hard could it be to partner with a high quality authentication service? This way, nobody has to send any comic signature to be authenticated anywhere else, and it will be done right. I think money is being left on the table and it could be done much better by CGC than any comic grading service doing so now, just my 2c

Kirby 4.jpg

16 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvels-Greatest-Comics-74-Marvel-1977-SIGNED-BY-BOTH-STAN-LEE-AND-JACK-KIRBY/132794539401?hash=item1eeb2bdd89:g:~7cAAOSwjPpbnvBv

Best one yet!

With the forger's typical trademark 'k' in Jack, a "K" drawn so slowly that it's bled twice as thick as any letters of the first name, his trademark "split" b, and a bleeding, slowly drawn 'y'. The baseline is all over the place. Again, it's like "Jack" was writing his name for the first time and was very unsure of himself.

:roflmao:

The book is right out of a bargain box. What I can't understand is how somebody with a brain can do this, stand back, assess, and think, "Oh yeah. I nailed this one. This one will fool everybody", instead of looking at the finished product and shredding it?

what I wish is that CGC would authenticate pre-existing autographs. How hard could it be to partner with a high quality authentication service? This way, nobody has to send any comic signature to be authenticated anywhere else, and it will be done right. I think money is being left on the table and it could be done much better by CGC than any comic grading service doing so now, just my 2c

Kirby 4.jpg

:facepalm:

31 minutes ago, kav said:

:facepalm:

Kav, it's early yet. He hasn't been at it for long. I'm sure he'll surpass himself, until his buyers actually submit something to someone for authentication. Or show one of the Kirbys they buy from him to someone that will say, "What the heck is that? Kirby? The Devil you say!"  :devil:   

Then the negatives will start to pile up and he'll have no choice other than shuttering the Jack Kirby forge.

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Kav, it's early yet. He hasn't been at it for long. I'm sure he'll surpass himself, until his buyers actually submit something to someone for authentication. Or show one of the Kirbys they buy from him to someone that will say, "What the heck is that? Kirby? The Devil you say!"  :devil:   

Then the negatives will start to pile up and he'll have no choice other than shuttering the Jack Kirby forge.

Never happen.  First, COAs are easy to come by.  Second, ebay never shuts anyone down.  Like plenty of others, he's in it for the long haul.  

Just now, kav said:

Never happen.  First, COAs are easy to come by.  Second, ebay never shuts anyone down.  Like plenty of others, he's in it for the long haul.  

Don't get me started on signed movie cast posters! 95% of what I see on ebay is bad. You have up to 20 signatures on a poster, and even if the forger was careful to use a different pen, a different color ink for each one, they're so obviously signed by the same person, almost one after the other; all in the same hand!!!!! Anyone who ever took even a rudimentary course in handwriting analysis could look at any 3 of the 20 and say, "Wait a second. It's the same hand", let alone all 20 being in the same handwriting. I just saw one that it looks like the forger made them up on the fly, not even looking at exemplars!! And again, all the same hand.

You've got males forging Star Wars posters with Carrie Fisher's signature and it looks like Carrie played defense for the Raiders, like a 250 pounder wrote it, pressing into the paper rigidly instead of that light, airy, ultra-feminine handwriting of hers. Never surprised by what I see on the Bay.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

That's true. I've seen seller's first page of 25 feedbacks with 15 negatives and they're still allowed to list. Do bidders/buyers even look?

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Don't get me started on signed movie cast posters! 95% of what I see on ebay is bad. You have up to 20 signatures on a poster, and even if the forger was careful to use a different pen, a different color ink for each one, they're so obviously signed by the same person, almost one after the other; all in the same hand!!!!! Anyone who ever took even a rudimentary course in handwriting analysis could look at any 3 of the 20 and say, "Wait a second. It's the same hand", let alone all 20 being in the same handwriting. I just saw one that it looks like the forger made them up on the fly, not even looking at exemplars!! And again, all the same hand.

You've got males forging Star Wars posters with Carrie Fisher's signature and it looks like Carrie played defense for the Raiders, like a 250 pounder wrote it, pressing into the paper rigidly instead of that light, airy, ultra-feminine handwriting of hers. Never surprised by what I see on the Bay.

I read one expert state that multiple cast signed posters ar virtually all fake.  He pointed out these are all busy actors and to get them all in one place at one time is extremely difficult.

46 minutes ago, kav said:

I read one expert state that multiple cast signed posters ar virtually all fake.  He pointed out these are all busy actors and to get them all in one place at one time is extremely difficult.

The forgers go from one right to another. A 20 signature poster in as long as it takes to drop one pen and pick up another and write a name or totally improvised squiggle that's not even close to anything that signer ever penned. As if they've mastered 10, 15, 20 different signatures like their own that they can switch one off and another one on without imparting their own handwriting into the fray! There's always tells. Very few forgers have mastered more than one or two signatures and even less can maintain proficiency in 5 or more.

Naysayers state, "Oh, who can tell for sure? We all write out names differently every time", and that's true. But the tendencies, the successive motions of our entire handwriting mechanism, the way we position our hands, whether standing, seated, or on the run, whether rushed or relaxed, remain consistent, the telemetry of our written line logical for us and following a predictable path when assessed by someone who has studied a signer's tendencies, and like comic grading, and resto detection, when an expert knows a signature, even if variation is present, it's discernable.

My advice for anyone embarking on, or with an interest in collecting autographed material is to build a library of exemplars for the person whose autographs peak their interest. All the better to build that library using signed checks, and other official documents. These have the strongest likelihood of being authentic, whether an authentication service is involved or not (the services are subject to error as well).

Then, study handwriting analysis. There's plenty of very decent tutorials on youtube and elsewhere on the net. Get an overview and if that interests you, delve in further. Doing these two things will help you immensely if you intend to start spending money on autographs.

Edited by James J Johnson

54 minutes ago, kav said:

This is true. Signed guitars, cast posters, sports autographs; a huge chunk of it on ebay is manure. The comic artist/creator forgeries aren't even a blip on the ebay radar compared to those, dollarwise.

Edited by James J Johnson

This guy writes in his eBay profile: 

Have been around comics my whole life. I have tons of Jack Kirby comics, also I have a huge collection of Stan Lee comics that he signed and also other various Artists. I also go to just about every Con so I get a ton of new stuff all the time.

I think it should read:

Have been conning buyers of comics my whole life. I have tons of Jack Kirby forged comics, also I have a huge collection of Stan Lee comics that I signed myself too, and also other various Artists who's signature I'm learning to fake. I also go to just about every Con so I get a ton of new stuff all the time, I buy this for a buck and sell it for a hundred or more, I'm a genius!

What a scumbag!

12 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

This is true. Signed guitars, cast posters, sports autographs; a huge chunk of it on ebay is manure. The comic artist/creator forgeries aren't even a blip on the ebay radar compared to those, dollarwise.

Remember when the FBI reported that more than 80% of signed sports memorabilia is fake?  They did that Operation Bullpen.

I do not personally prefer signed comics, however, if I did, I would like “proof” that the person actually signed it.  

For example, I once purchased a movie -script at a charity auction and then asked one of the actresses (who was at the auction) to sign it.  While she was sighting it, I took a photograph of her signing it.

I know people could take a photo of Stan Lee signing one copy of a book and then using that photo to authenticate 100 other forges copies, however, at least this adds one small extra layer of protection.   

Then again, maybe I am off base      , as I do not collect signed comics and if signed on the cover, it devalues the book (for me)  

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I do not personally prefer signed comics, however, if I did, I would like “proof” that the person actually signed it.  

For example, I once purchased a movie --script at a charity auction and then asked one of the actresses (who was at the auction) to sign it.  While she was sighting it, I took a photograph of her signing it.

I know people could take a photo of Stan Lee signing one copy of a book and then using that photo to authenticate 100 other forges copies, however, at least this adds one small extra layer of protection.   

Then again, maybe I am off base      , as I do not collect signed comics and if signed on the cover, it devalues the book (for me)  

That definitely adds provenance especially if you can see the sig and its position in the photo.  I sold a R Crumb postcard with sketch he sent me in 1976.  It had great provenance-a dated postmark from where he was living at the time!  Had no problem selling it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Collectors-Item-Classics-16-MARVEL-1969-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE-AND-KIRBY/132803261258?epid=85365452&hash=item1eebb0f34a:g:K8QAAOSwJuZbskyO

A new low in Stan Lee forgeries. Worst Stan Lee forgery attempt I've ever seen on ebay (as if the Kirby isn't bad enough).

I imagine he thought turning it sideways might help. Note to this handwriting challenged fool: It doesn't.

Dradake11.jpg

No longer having any live listings, and taking a buyer for a $4800 ride, it appears that this seller's fraud went well beyond Stan Lee and Jack Kirby forgeries:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dradake0110&ftab=AllFeedback

Most recent feedback:

CRIMINAL! SCAM! FRAUDULENT LISTINGS! Steals your money and never ships. AVOID! Buyer:
r***r ( 1917Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
During past month
  Fantastic Four #48 (Mar 1966, Marvel) 1st App of Silver Surfer + Galactus 9.2cgc (#132802814234) US $4,800.00

I am starting to think I am in the wrong line of work. This guy has sold THOUSANDS of dollars in junk forged signatures.

His forged signatures are terrible, on the most ridiculous books ever and Ebay fools are still forking over hundreds of dollars for this cr@p.

yes but something shut him down and he might now have other problems.  Like that DUCOSO guy that was selling forged cartoon art for years and it all came to a halt one day.