• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the "Sid's Luncheonette" COA, by RedHook

51 posts in this topic

Harry, Red.

What a stunning job on the COA. I would honestly say that the COA is about as good as I have ever seen. hail.gif

(Except for maybe the Mohawk Valley's COA) poke2.gif Just Kidding

It is the re-telling of great story's of days gone by that inspires me to purchase comics from Pedigree & OO collections like yours. It could be said that its just a clever marketing ploy but to me its a great deal more.

Thanks for sharing a pre-release picture of this COA. 893applaud-thumb.gif

With a little luck at least one of the books in this collection will be heading across the pond to Australia. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Regards,

Russ... flowerred.gif

Nice work on the COA boys! This has been a rather interesting topic for me to read over, and I really like the idea of it all. I think this would be a cool thing for a lot of collectors to add to their own personal collection, if for nothing else than to maybe get an idea of where their comics might end up years down the road.

This is something I'd love to do myself. Granted, I've got nothing as nice as Burntboy's, but it would be fun to have something like that for all my comics years down the road, if I ever decided to sell them. Just a little 'legacy' of your own to leave behind!

Anyway, great stuff guys!

news.gifSid's Luncheonette Collection news.gif

Pedigree Offers 2 High Grade Certified Comic Runs

Industry News, Scoop, Friday, July 01, 2005

on July 8. Thirteen books will be offered on both Friday and Saturday night with the remaining fourteen going live on Sunday.

a majority of the run have beautiful off-white to white page quality and superb color strike, a testament to Mr. Banks' foresight in carefully and neatly storing each book for the past 44 years.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

David; thanks for posting the article.

ya just gotta love Doug's enthusiasm, but i guess he didn't read the back of the COA where i expressed my own personal amazement that so many books made it through the past 40 years in such nice shape. admittedly, i certainly didn't abuse them, but i wouldn't go patting myself on the back either....................

at any rate - thanks to all those who have expressed their support........i hope whatever sells finds nice homes somewhere.......... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm actually in NYC right now visiting my brother...It would be fun to drive by the place and get a snap shot....address?

actually, Sid's has become a beauty parlor called "Exhales" frown.gif ,so it would prove a fruitless journey. the building is located on the corner of Central Ave and South Center Street in Orange, NJ.

i took a few snapshots a couple weeks ago and will post them soon.