• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #2 - Restored?

51 posts in this topic

hey mark..

is this thread about the superman # 2 ON EBAY....?

cause if it is,his discription says he has had the book since he was a kid back in the 1960s.....so how can he be 78 years old????

Ding, ding, ding, ding, you win the kewpie doll!!!! acclaim.gif

This is why I engage these guys in e-mail banter. It allows inconsistencies to develop and become more evident. Now, it is not conclusive proof of anything because I can certainly come up with reasonable explanations if I strain myself. HOWEVER, when one is going to potentially spend thousands of dollars on an item, you best have a warm and fuzzy going into the transaction. If something feels wrong about an e-bay transaction, good chance there is something wrong with it.

Seller won't allow personal examination

Seller won't permit returns

Seller claims not to be an expert in grading (yet compares it to other copies sold)

Seller claims to own the book for decades

Seller claims to be in possession of an expensive book but is willing to risk selling it for way below its potential value

Seller provides information that is at least facially inconsistent

It all adds up, and the answer to the equation = trouble.

yep,you got em!

im still up at 2am cause i just got back from the last showing of war of the worlds and i wanted to check in before going to sleep...the movie was great,but only because it was a complete copy of the original,almost seen for seen and ended the same way as the 1951 original did..the movie had the BEST special effects ive ever seen,but if you saw the original movie,,it is a complete copy ,so there are no surprises...i do recommend it,and if you have never seen the original,than you will be awed by this movie, its the best of the summer blockbuster lot so far this year.

ok, back to comics

hey, a superman #1 JUST POPED UP ON EBAY..if im not mistaking,an original superman number 1 does not have the shine on the cover that this copy is exhibiting[[but a famous first addition does!].....also, no staples in site! cause maybe the ffe cover was ripped off?? ......its dangerous out there on ebay this season..

If you are speaking of this Superman #1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35752&item=6543329024&rd=1

Its not an orginal.

1) The cover art extends to the top of the book (it doesn't on the original)

2) The cover art extends to the bottom of the book (it doesn't on the original)

3) the 1 in 10 cents is flush against black boarder (it isn't on the original)

4) the back cover doesn't have the dotted line for people to cut the Superman

pinup out

Darren

It seems that the seller of Superman #2 feedback isn't private at the moment.

Here are his negatives:

Sold restored comics without disclosure & refuses to accept returns. Dont order!

in relation to:

DETECTIVE COMICS # 42 BATMAN AND ROBIN COVER FN+ 1940

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35751&item=6517734307

BEWARE! Poor Grader! Comic overgraded & restored! Refused to send me refund.

Buyer de-mented ( 930) Mar-10-05 09:03 6510877604

Reply by supapapa75: READ THE AUCTION POLICIES, HE RECIEVED BACK FROM CGC FN/VF, SOLD AS IS Mar-10-05 10:00

Follow-up by de-mented: AVOID! Misled about restoration! Seller won't take responsibilty 4 his mistakes!

and here are 4 neutrals from one buyer:

mold & water damage on the 4 lots i baught off him

Buyer djob2004 ( 105) May-04-05 15:21 6526638694

i got ripped

Buyer djob2004 ( 105) May-04-05 15:20 6526637214

poor reader copy

Buyer djob2004 ( 105) May-04-05 15:19 6526642304

ya dont need to be a grader to say that theres mold on the front

Buyer djob2004 ( 105) May-04-05 15:18 6526634051

I'm sure they know that they are being looked at.The good guys aren't the only ones who read these boards I'm convince that there are about 4 different ebayers working in concert to mislead buyers. I know I sold a book to him with a certain fault. I saw that book up a week or so later from another seller with a not so good rep, with no mention of that fault. I emailed and asked if there was a particular problem with the book and they said no. I asked if they could send a scan of that area and they said book was packed and ready to ship when the auction ended. I think the fault was fixed and the book dry pressed.Now none of this is illegal in my opinion, but does seem to be unethical.

there are alot of auctions manipulated on ebay with scam bidders to drive the price up,thats why i always say[look at the quality of the bidders bidding][guys with high good ratings, when you see these guys bidding,it is your best indicator that the auction is a quality auction! WHEN YOU SEE O RATINGS 10 RATINGS RUNNING THE PRICE UP,you can bet you should stay away...

Look at his retalitory neg

REFUSES TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR PURCHASE<<>>

Seller supapapa75 ( 329) Apr-20-05 13:25 6517734307

REFUSES TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR PURCHASE =

REFUSES TO BE ARS RAPED WITHOUT SCREAMING

893whatthe.gifblush.gif

If anyone has bought from this seller and felt that they were defrauded, particularly if the books turned out to be restored please contact me via PM or e-mail.

I think my next legal niche is to become the attorney for those who have been defrauded on ebay in comic book purchases. I am so tired of sellers like this, and I want them out of business. makepoint.gif

The response:

hi...im not interested or comfortable with anything like that ...im 78 years old and i do not have the kind of time you have...i just want to sell it after all these yearsand ship it out...good luck on bidding on it, thanks for your interest, regards

Supapapa75 "does not have the kind of time you have" but he has time to take in a rap show.

Snoop Dogg Tickets DCU Center Worcester

He's pretty hip for an old man.

Snoop.jpg