• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you display your high value key(s) or do you hide them?
2 2

63 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

1939 - Action Comics #1 came out of that year.

In the documentation for the testimony from Detective Comics, Inc. vs. Bruns (Fox) Publications April 6 and 7, 1939, the on sale date for this issue is described by Jack Liebowitz as being April 18, 1938.

This is confirmed again in the documentation for the Siegel lawsuit against Warner Bros (CASE NO. CV-04-8400-SGL (RZx)) published on March 26, 2008; the on sale date for this issue is listed as being April 18, 1938.

14 minutes ago, kav said:

In the documentation for the testimony from Detective Comics, Inc. vs. Bruns (Fox) Publications April 6 and 7, 1939, the on sale date for this issue is described by Jack Liebowitz as being April 18, 1938.

This is confirmed again in the documentation for the Siegel lawsuit against Warner Bros (CASE NO. CV-04-8400-SGL (RZx)) published on March 26, 2008; the on sale date for this issue is listed as being April 18, 1938.

Hmmm. Thank for the information counselor.

Just now, Not A Clone said:

I hide mine at the CGC offices most of the time. Sometimes they send me one to look at, but I immediately send it back to them until I get the grade I demanded. They're very stubborn about that though.

They dont LISTEN!

47 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

4327?

1939 - Action Comics #1 came out of that year.

Thank you!

On 10/6/2018 at 8:36 AM, Wolverinex said:

Just wondering what people do with their high value keys?  Thankfully I recently sold my most expensive key after I downsized my home, so I don't worry about this as much. 

However, last night after hearing a few horror stories about comics being stolen by friends/family,... What do most people here do?   display them or store ?

For the people who display them, are they in CGC cases?  Mylites?  Is anyone worried about accidental water damage or fire?  Is the CGC case water proof?

I hide them,  I don't want my customers to see them unless they ask if I have any.

:)