• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 3

133 posts in this topic

I totally understand. I know everyone wants it to be fair. I will make sure that it is. What i do exactly is this. I have numbers written on a piece of paper #1-56. (#2 is out)

Then I seperate them by brackets. I pull one for each bracket needed. This way it is fair and I dont know who is who. I have a short list of numbers that have got the bye before. If the numbers I pull are not on that list then I go from there.

Belladonna or comicsupply. Would it be possible to do this three times a week (like nikos did) or would it be too much work? Surely people don't need 3 or 4 days to send their grades in. confused-smiley-013.gif

Someone suggested that players getting a bye should also submit their grade. Grade should be within two grades to stay in their bracket. Say for example book is 9.0, so grade must be 8.0 to 9.4 or they "lose". Not that difficult, but that way they don't get totally free byes. I think this is a good idea. Maybe next round?

Another suggestion: if/when there are only three players in bracket, they should all compete against each other.

Someone suggested that players getting a bye should also submit their grade. Grade should be within two grades to stay in their bracket. Say for example book is 9.0, so grade must be 8.0 to 9.4 or they "lose". Not that difficult, but that way they don't get totally free byes. I think this is a good idea. Maybe next round?

Another suggestion: if/when there are only three players in bracket, they should all compete against each other.

thumbsup2.gif

I think Arty, Toro and I should get byes until one person breaks free of the pack. Then we do a semifinal with the four of us. What say, guys!???

I had thought of that as well.

But what really bothers me more than the byes are when both players advance, no matter what grade they both turned in. Oh well, guess that just means I'll have to work harder to win it all! 27_laughing.gif

Kilt-

The only reason we made it longer this weekend is because of the 4th of july holiday. But usually we are working on 2-3 per week. So we will see.

Kiltman probably isn't doing anything special to celebrate the Independance of America.... 27_laughing.gif I doubt if he's shooting off roman candles in the backyard. insane.gifstooges.gif

I think Arty, Toro and I should get byes until one person breaks free of the pack. Then we do a semifinal with the four of us. What say, guys!???

lol, did you and Sal check out your grades last round? 27_laughing.gif

Kilt-

The only reason we made it longer this weekend is because of the 4th of july holiday. But usually we are working on 2-3 per week. So we will see.

Kiltman probably isn't doing anything special to celebrate the Independance of America.... 27_laughing.gif I doubt if he's shooting off roman candles in the backyard. insane.gifstooges.gif

Unknown to many..... Mighty Mouse's secret identity was Travis T. Mouse. wink.gif

10075530.jpg

Sounds Great to Me!!!

Another idea, Red Hook takes on winner of winners bracket, Arty loser bracket and I'll take on Mega loser! Then the 3 of us,,I mean the winner of those three brackets face off.

Belladonna or comicsupply. Would it be possible to do this three times a week (like nikos did) or would it be too much work? Surely people don't need 3 or 4 days to send their grades in. confused-smiley-013.gif

When did the problems start for nikos contest? When he went to 3 times a week. Christo_pull_hair.gif

When did the problems start for nikos contest? When he went to 3 times a week. Christo_pull_hair.gif

What problems? All of the "problems" in Nikos contest and in this one are imaginary. With any luck all of the snivelers will be out early. Some people just have to b.i.t.c.h in order to feel good.